Pace RC200 F3 - Major Update!

dude when i built me san andreas i ate nowt but beans on toast and cornflakes...but it was worth it.gotta say that is one pretty bike you got there.love the mavic headset..oh stuff it ...the whole thing is nice.

hairstream":8u4ewke4 said:
Please tell, how long to gather all the pieces??

Erm...

Bike bought in April 2005, and been collecting everything since then really...!

Knew exactly what the build was going to be as soon as I collected it, but things became harder and harder to find and I was earning less and less - how does that work?! - so it was built for a while with modern XT bits to make it ridable until I'd amassed enough parts to make a switch and still be able to ride it.

I think it's done now save for the few things mentioned above which won't drastically alter the look - so three years in total seems about right.

I am not a Pace man myself, but have to say that you did a great job, it's different with red stuff but it looked very good, nicely done, nice one :D

BoyBurning":3qaqw33z said:
Decided to strip the bike down and rebuild it as a single speed for commuting to work.

Commuting! That's insane!

Looks good though. Lot of red but I think you've pulled it off...

neilll":epcxpoim said:
Sweet and worth the wait :D

Thankyou mate!

I felt pretty guilty about posting pics too soon last year when it was in limbo mode - and the subsequent concern that was voiced over the lack of period correctness. Wasn't becoming of such a fine frame...

Hopefully this act of sacrilege has been redressed now...!

StevePSD":1bmiuz32 said:
I like the attention to detain with the drop outs.. Spot on.

Ooops!

Nearly forgot!

Big big thanks to Gil-m for the dropouts!

He had some made up for himself a while back and in his wisdom thought to have a few more sets made up at the same time - one of which you see here.

Thankyou Gil and all others who have helped me source parts - too many to mention but you know who you are if you recognise bits on the build!

Cheers again.

Latest posts

Back