Retro race team?

scant":2g4dsyfp said:
cchris2lou":2g4dsyfp said:
Tim Gould is a postie now , so you could have some serious competition . :LOL:

is that true? :roll:

I think so , they were talking about it on eurosports during the Tour coverage . the commentator used to be a pretty good MTB racer .

Russell":o8n03g9z said:
If someone can convince me that £120 for 4 races is good value then I'd be up for the gears and tears thingy... probably.

For £120 , I usually build a bike . :LOL:

Most organised events tend to be around the £30 mark in my experience (helly hansen, Trail plus etc).

Kestonian and I have both signed up for this so would be great if some other retro boys/girls joined us. Would be cool to have a team jersey but it would need to be a dry weave type top as personally i sweat like b*stard...

Anybody got any contacts that could sort us out a retro jersey ??

Hilts":jti1nv6v said:
Anybody got any contacts that could sort us out a retro jersey ??

Going to try and sort a retrobike jersey for next 'season'. If you want to start looking into it Hilts then that would be great!

May even do a little mtb racing myself next year.

I see where you're coming from on the race entry fees but I have to say that they are top events. I did all four last year - totally closed-off course (on army training grounds) so no dog walkers to dodge, well marked +marshalls, plenty of parking etc.

Very friendly group of racers. The organiser Mum provides home-made cakes for everyone at the finish :)

Could you get more value for £35 on a cold Saturday morning? Highly probably. Would I do it for the money he makes out of it? Not bloody likely!

Last year you got a free photo of your choice from the race. I got 4 pics of me racing that I wouldn't have bought normally. I hope they do the same this year

For £120 , I usually build a bike . :LOL:[/quote]

glad to see someones spending the cash iv'e built about 5 for this
(there all shit mind) :)

cchris2lou":3sv9eohs said:
Russell":3sv9eohs said:
If someone can convince me that £120 for 4 races is good value then I'd be up for the gears and tears thingy... probably.

For £120 , I usually build a bike . :LOL:

I think that's just about get you a set of White Porcs nowadays too :p

Back