1994 GT Psyclone Updated 8-16 New Photos

Re: 1994 GT Psyclone Progress At Last

If that black GT water bottle needs a home, I have a tequesta that would love to look after it.. ;)

Great looking build, those seat stays are something else!

gm1230126":3m4dkdvn said:
tap, tap, tap.......

Har!

BobCatMax":3m4dkdvn said:
If that black GT water bottle needs a home, I have a tequesta that would love to look after it.. ;)

Great looking build, those seat stays are something else!

Thanks a lot I have put together all of the parts now and just need to do the work.

I have not made up my mind about the water bottles but I will kkep you in mind.

Steven

Hey thanks I have acquired all of the parts I need now and just need to finish the build.

Re: 1994 GT Psyclone Dream Project

I have finally acquired enough parts to finish the Psyclone. I lucked in to a GT branded microadjust seat post in 27.0 and also a black GT stem plus some odds and ends.

My vision when I started this project last October was to source as many GT parts as possible, so far I have the GT Hadley hubs, GT bar, stem, seat post, cable hanger, grips and water bottle. Still needed are a one inch GT seat post clamp, GT water bottle cage, and, if they exist, GT headset spacers.

Updated Pix with repop Farmer Johns:

Attachments

• psyclone 1994 GT 34 web.jpg
    psyclone 1994 GT 34 web.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 543
  • psyclone 1994 GT 33 web.jpg
    psyclone 1994 GT 33 web.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 543
  • psyclone 1994 GT 32 web.jpg
    psyclone 1994 GT 32 web.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 541
  • psyclone 1994 GT 31 web.jpg
    psyclone 1994 GT 31 web.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 543
Very nice! Just two remarks:

Are you able to flip the stem? Should be more comfortable and less road bike looks! ;)

The seatpost seems a bit too modern but of course, finding a 27.0 classic one is extremely difficult.

Also, some decals for the forks would be nice. I might have some which I could send you for free if you give me the shipping costs.

Re:

Well I'm still watching and it's getting there, slowly but surely :p

Anyway it's looking really tidy, I would also flip the stem seeing as the GT bologna lite fork doesn't have much of an axle to crown height as it is. A thomson post would be a good choice, I got one in 27.0 on my 94 zaskar an it suits it really well

Sean :D

Re: Re:

SEANSTEPHENS":1wtgmwaj said:
Well I'm still watching and it's getting there, slowly but surely :p

This has been a very slow build mostly because I am a very busy guy and only get into the Bicycle Garage about once a week. I installed the stem this way because the reverse has a nasty scratch, which I can sort easy enough as soon as I get to it. I believe I will stick with the GT post as it suits the bike and a Thomson would also be a bit new for '94.

Any advice about running the cables with the Groove Tube, it will be my first attempt.

I will take you up on the offer for the decals, PM coming

Steven

Back