M900 shifter cannibalisation

but i have noticed quite a few people using them. just wasnt sure i f there was a specific reason other than feel..

I really do think , triggers and pods were only invented because of marketing and not real progress .

blondes & brunettes again guys. :LOL:
I'd be loathe to go back to thumbies.
great things were expected with the M960 flippy lever roadie style shifter/ brakes, although durability isnt great from what I've seen.

Mavic have had 2 systems over the years .

Shimano and campagnolo are actively testing at the moment . But all those were for road only .

electronics and vibrations dont mix very well according to a shimano guy ina recent interview .

1991 - BEAST (Browning Electronic Accu-Shift Transmission): The Browning electronic shifting is now available and included the crank BT-CW00 in 170 or 175 arms with 28/38/48 rings with 110/74 mm BCD and shifted by BT-SB00 with BT-BU00 battery housing, BB-XC00 or BB-XP00 bottom brackets and BT-SA00 gear selector assembly

there is a hydraulic system about somewhere in germany .
very light , works fine apparently but mega expensive .

Klein used to have an advert for their road bike that went something like this...

"The road hates you,
The weather hates you,
The guy behind you hates you,

Your only friend is your bike..."

Well I always felt that with rapidfire type shifters that the last line could be changed to:

"And now your shifters want to bend your weak tired frozen thumbs back!"

Basicly thumbs for me beacuse you can use your whole hand to shift when you lost your glove 2 hours ago and it's starting to sleet :cry:

Back