Raleigh Team Burner

My mate had an Aero/ Team Burner. Sorry - I can't rememer the correct name :roll:
It was chrome & black with Araya Aero rims, Kashimax Aero saddle etc. etc.
Copper, black & silver decals IIRC?

It was the second version of the "top of the range" bike - A year or 2 after the first version "Pro Burner" (the chrome & blue one with round frame tubes that had the frame gussets with the "R" shaped sut-outs.).

Mine was a lowly Mk1 silver & blue Ultra Burner.
Amazing spec for the £185 it cost. Took me MONTHS of paper deliveries to save the money.

That's technically not the team burner.It's the team replica ,type thing.
It was a basic burner painted up in the team colours with ,i believe ,simplex mag wheels.
The true 'team Burner' was made by tange in Japan and shipped over.Raleigh just stickered em up,hence no head badge.Dia-compe ,skyways etc.They were a much much better bike than any other burner with 'proper' geometry ,unlike regular burners that had no geometry.At all.
To confuse matters further ,'actual 'team burners ,ie ridden by the team were different again .Handmade at RSP in ilkeston.
My mate rode for Raleigh.
Jon lee .Where are they now ?
He ended up doing me a deal on my team burner after he let his RSP one go.I found mine complete 100% in a skip and restored it.
It was very nice in the end.
here's Tony law ,another old buddy ,posing on it at the inaugural Alan's old school BMX national in '01 ,before Jon got it.Craig Scofield in the background,who signed the plate.

Attachments

• the lawman.jpg
    the lawman.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1,402
  • the lawman.jpg
    the lawman.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1,402
Their is a Raleigh Burner chatroom on the web. It's very much like this site. But smaller (34 members)

What was the gold frame one with the black pads? Was that the Night Burner?

I used to love the blue and yellow Super Burner - total class!

One Team

Latest posts

Back