Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Happy Sunday evening everybody ,

Well I've gone and done it again haven't I ! Found a Scott frame I couldn't resist from a fellow forum member :cool:
My '93 Team Racing is such a nice bike to ride , that when I saw this , it's big brother for sale , I knew that resistance was futile . I'm going to leave the frame as it is , stickers and all . Just started polishing it up now , and the paint that is there , comes up nicely .
Mrs Muz seems to have an inkling something is going on , as small parcels have started arriving at home , with my name on :roll: , you know how it is . :LOL: :LOL:
I will probably have to rob some parts off the Team Racing to build this up , and then get some downgraded bits for that one , wheels , chainset etc .
Anyway , here's a few pics for you .
I ground/filed off the rack/guard tabs off the Tange Big One forks that are probably going on the frame ,

Just looks a bit neater without I think . As they will be painted again , I thought I may as well take them off now . The other fork option is a Tange Ultra Lite Prestige which , handily , is black .
Which leads to the next dilemma .
The transfers on the frame are very pale green , almost like faded fluoro colour . Do I get the forks done fluoro which may stand out 'til they too fade , or would black be a better option do you think ?
Just to confuse matters further , in the '93 brochure , the forks and transfers appear yellow , as per Stumpjumper1990s .
It's definately a '93 frame , as the seat tube Racing Series transfer suggests .
Anyway , enough of me wittering on , here's the frame and forks as they are now .

Updates , as bits and pieces turn up/change colour :facepalm: :LOL:

Mike

Attachments

• Tange big one forks 2.jpg
    Tange big one forks 2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 6,872
  • big one forks.jpg
    big one forks.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 6,872
  • Scott pro frame.jpg
    Scott pro frame.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 6,872
  • Scott pro frame 2.jpg
    Scott pro frame 2.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 6,872
Re:

Ace

You have a taste for the understated gems like these and the fishers

Booking in for updates.

Re:

Cheers Adrian ,

How's that , ahem , green bike of yours coming along ?

Mike

Re:

i had one of these back in the day. the transfers are flou yellow and forks were too. i think they may have been ritchey logic forks.

the original colour forks stood out as per stumpjumper1990s bike :D
great bike by the way mine was a 19" looks a similar size to yours - came with full xtr back then :D

Re: Re:

mfhxgram":34olcza3 said:
i had one of these back in the day. the transfers are flou yellow and forks were too. i think they may have been ritchey logic forks.

the original colour forks stood out as per stumpjumper1990s bike :D
great bike by the way mine was a 19" looks a similar size to yours - came with full xtr back then :D

Hi , thanks for the info ;)
The frame is Ritchey Logic Prestige tubing . The top and downtubes are bigger than my Team Racing , which is also Tange , but Ultimate Superlight .
Maybe I should get the Ultra Lite forks painted fluorescent . They may be the better option than the ones pictured ?
Maybe I should do something out of character , and weigh both pairs before deciding . :shock: :facepalm:
Sadly , no XTR for mine , it'll be XT :cool:

Mike

Re:

Hi all ,

Been a bit quiet on the Scott front , as I've been gathering parts for it .
To start with , I got an NOS XT headset from Bart in the Netherlands , cheers mate ;) here it is , part fitted .

Annoyingly , the thread is just too short as it is , so will have to go to LBS to have some more cut . The silver part is the canti hanger which had turned around when I took the pic . As I've had to have more thread already cut into the steerer , the little groove on the back of the fork steerer is too short , at about an inch from the top :roll: I'm hoping that the adjusting nuts will keep it in place :facepalm:
Picked up some wheels at the weekend from a local r/ber ;) , and after a clean and a polish up they were looking nice and shiny :cool:

Stripped the hubs , and was happy to find they were in good nick , but for one front wheel cone , that was pitted :evil:

Been to several LBSs but not managed to track one down :( .May just have to wet and dry it and hope for the best :roll:
The freehub body was a bit nasty , and after a thorough soaking , was still nasty , so I got an NOS one from the Cycle Clinic , so as not to knacker any rear wheel hub cups .
Also got some more old tat recently , in the form of shifters , rear mech ,

and brakes , that polished up nicely ,
With the frame came the Scottbars , already had the stem , and the seatpost from my Bonty , which happens to be the same finish as the bars ,

So , off to LBS now to get more steerer cut :roll:

Thanks for looking ;)

Mike

Attachments

• SPR forks.jpg
    SPR forks.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 6,630
  • SPR wheels.jpg
    SPR wheels.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 6,630
  • front cone.jpg
    front cone.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 6,627
  • SPR shifters.jpg
    SPR shifters.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 6,627
  • XT cantis.jpg
    XT cantis.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 6,626
  • SPR bars.jpg
    SPR bars.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 6,630
Re: Re:

shinobi":5xp8e617 said:
Nice work mate , glad to see some " proper " shifters on this one ;)

Paul

Nice one Centurion :roll:

You should be on the stage , sweeping it ! :LOL: :LOL:

Back