First it was Hamilton, then Heras and Landis and now Beltran

pete_mcc

Feature Bike
BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
...any more of the old multiple TdF winning USP/Discovery Team want to admit to anything naughty? Well, just goes to prove "It's not just about the bike"
:?

i think it is unbelievable that these guys still think they get away with this,...even after the dramatic Tour last year,...

Its only a matter of time before it's boywonders moment in the spotlight!

The thing that most people forget with the whole drug taking thing, is that once you go down this road it's very difficult to get clean!
It took me years to give up fags, so hell only knows how long it would take a cyclist that rattles when he or she needs to be clean.

I am now waiting to see for how long Phil Ligget defends the biggest drugs cheat never to have been caught.

Its only a matter of time.

Cheers,Al

For people still to be using drugs it must mean that far more are getting away with it. If they wern't, and everyone was being caught they would of stamped out drug taking in the sport years ago.

Its just awful that all the TdF is associated with now is a bunch of drug taking cyclists and not the epic cycle event that it should be.

They should change the T&C for entering the race, make it fraud to obtain advantage through cheating like that and lock them up for a few years. That is the only way the Tour/sport will ever get clean.

The thing which still puzzles me over the drug-takers in sport, is that they have all the top nutritionists, trainers and sports scientists around them all the time. These people know, supposedly, how to maximise an athletes potential through diet and training. I know the drug way will get results quicker but there are a lot of natural alternatives out there, a lot which are banned by the athletic commission also.
My martial arts instructor one told me that if you ate 3 Mars Bars on the day of a competition, you could possibly be disqualified if tested :?
I had this conversation with my 16 year old daughter.
Obviously it takes more time, harder training etc but when they win a race (and don't get caught), do they really win in their own minds and wonder if they could've done it clean :?:

al":2nypbtqf said:
Its only a matter of time before it's boywonders moment in the spotlight!

The thing that most people forget with the whole drug taking thing, is that once you go down this road it's very difficult to get clean!
It took me years to give up fags, so hell only knows how long it would take a cyclist that rattles when he or she needs to be clean.

I am now waiting to see for how long Phil Ligget defends the biggest drugs cheat never to have been caught.

Its only a matter of time.

Cheers,Al

It's a shame than most people now draw the almost inescapeable conclusion that Armstrong was doping. On the flip side he must be the most tested athlete in history and came back clean everytime. I know it seems de rigeur to bash Lance but I still think (or is that hope?) he was clean.

Fags vs performance enhancers is a really poor analogy :LOL:

Drugs is a malaise effecting sport in general rather than cycling. Dwayne Chambers anybody?

So John, you think its just now that people are drawing the conclusion that Armstrong is a cheat?

I think you need to get out more!

Yes of course the fags reference was a little flip.

You seem to live in hope that Armstrong is not a cheat? I live in hope that he does the rite thing for cycling and comes clean before he is exsposed.

Al.

Jeeeeez, I was living in the rather naiive world of thinking that some people were riding the TDF clean. Humpf, crap world we live in.

Back