doh!

I must be missing something here, why is he stupid for having had his car stolen?

Spudly":2u56ovnf said:
I must be missing something here, why is he stupid for having had his car stolen?

really? that con and the fact that he's taking a total stranger out on a test drive in an uninsured car with no proof of he is or retainer of some kind? sorry he's lost it but...

Fair play the no insurance thing is stupid, but even if it were insured then the same thing couldve happened, i took a lad out in my 2.0 converted vauxhall nova, we pulled over to swap over so he could have a drive.

Youve got to let them drive it if you think theyre a genuine buyer, seems with a bit of hindsight it shouldve been insured, and he shouldve taken the keys out when they stopped, but he said on his write up on FB that there was a noise from the car so we can only assume that he left it running to try and identify the cause of said noise?

Re:

I'm not the sort of fool who believes someone when they call and say there is a virus on my computer and if I give them XYZ details they'll be able to sort it out for me now, or someone emailing me to say they are from Nigeria and if I pay them £10,000 they'll be able to release their £50,000,000 and I'll get a sizeable share of it. But to be honest, if a person comes to see my car looks and speaks pleasantly I'm a big enough fool to make a stupid error of judgement far too trusting on a personal level, fortunately I have not had this chaps experience and all who have bought my old bangers have been honourable. I don't think that I should never have been born because of this failing or that I should not be allowed to reproduce, I think my offspring are probably a bit more savvy than me to be honest :roll: :facepalm:

Alison

Alison, dont trust him. This sort of thing should only be fixed by family.
Your just lucky I'm your long lost Uncle from Nigeria and I have detected a virus on your computer and will fix it for free. Could you do me the return favour of holding onto the families Nigerian fortune in your bank account? Just send me the details and I'll do the rest ;)

Your computer savvy Nigerian uncle
Jamie

Back