Retro race team?

Austria was amazing. Came 9th of 57 teams.

2 mountain bike stages on the Saturday. Cable car up to 1900m in the morning, with checkpoints from 1400m to 2300m.

The afternoon started at 1900m, climbed to 2300m before an off-road then road descent all the way down to Mayrhofen at 660m. Pretty awesome stuff.

Found out something rattles on my bike at a certain speed. We weren't allowed speed/mileometers so I now need to find some big hills to find out what that speed is!

It'll be on TV in December sometime

Dr K is the Mrs. I'll be doing all 4 Monsterman races, all things being well

Like the idea of getting some jerseys knocked up over the winter and entering fun class on our old bikes :D

Now all we need are some jerseys.

Kestonian":11vwuunv said:
Kingroon, the last Monsterman race is March 10th. It's a great bike course - really twisty bits and something like 7 laps to make up the 12 miles which makes for some fun overtaking. Don't be shy!

http://www.gearsandtears.com/races/mm4.htm

I'm up for it! Plenty of time to get a RetroBike Team sorted by then ;)

John":11vwuunv said:
Like the idea of getting some jerseys knocked up over the winter and entering fun class on our old bikes

How about "If it ain't Retro, it's worthless"? :oops:

Race to win :twisted:

Top lad!

I saw a guy racing on an early Specialized Stumpjumper last year so could be used as a recruitment drive!

Kestonian":gmbaqu5s said:
Top lad!

I saw a guy racing on an early Specialized Stumpjumper last year so could be used as a recruitment drive!

Haha definately, We need Jo Burt to do us a custom Mint for the Chili Dude replacement.. I guess we'd all be WaterBottled-up and not camelbak'd so a big design on the rear of the jersey would be cool..?

All of my recent racing has been on either old proflexes (proflexi) - a singlespeed 955 and a geary 957 - or bonties - an SS race lite and a geary race. Could meet up at some of the gorricks, but tend to do the plymouth based soggy bottoms over the winter cos its closer to Bristol, then enduro and SS stuff over the summer. Got some decent results last year - first and distance/lap record for the CLIC 24 solo category, 5th overall and 2nd SS at the Bristol 12, 5th at the UK SS champs and a couple of top tens in expert at the soggy bottoms. Only thing is most of the bikes are a mix of old skool frames and some bits with moderns stuff (fox on the proflexi, discs on 2.5 out of the 4, risers and eggbeaters etc) so not totally oldskool. What I REALLY want to do is aa clunker based 24hr team (cos the klunker klassic is about the most fun event in the world!) in appropriate fancy dress - a posty bike in uniform with royal mail bag, a 20" wheeled shopper with basket and either tweeds or a dress etc. Might be fun...

Ian

If someone can convince me that £120 for 4 races is good value then I'd be up for the gears and tears thingy... probably.

Back