Cooks overhaul

andy.l

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
These cranks are now residing on my Kona but im so pleased with them thought id share.

Got them for nothing as they were in a bag with the Pace frame months back,havnt got a pic of them before but believe me they were in a poor state,tapers were fine though,so stripped them down and had them polished in work..

100_2138.jpg

Spider was removed and dipped clean in caustic before being repainted in good old satin black,i lost the 'cooks' badge on the cranks during the polishing process so good old Gil_m supplied me with some 'negative' decals,

100_2341.jpg

these were stuck on the cranks and all other polished surface was masked,i then media blasted them @50psi as not to damage the surface and heres the results,well happy

100_2329.jpg

100_2330.jpg

ordinary masking tape and some pvc electrical tape for the contoured surfaces,anything to cover the cranks from the media really,we use a fine grit media,almost powder in work for cleaning TBC (thermal barrier coating) from the eurofighter parts with low psi.

Andy will you be my Obi-Wan Kenobi and teach me these Jedi renovation skills....................

............alternatively can I come and work where you work? :?

Seriously ACE work though :shock: :cool:

Back