Jeremy 'Bigot' Clarkson. Not My Favourite J.C! Guess Who Is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jeremy 'Bigot' Clarkson

I'm sure he'll still be on air in the future. Love him or hate him top gear is almost an institution now.
And other TV personalities have caused far more controversies and still on air.
And judging from the evidence it's hardly proof of racism.
In the near future I'm sure this will be forgotten and we can all get on with our lives without worrying about Jeremy clarkson.
And at least he's not guilty of kiddy fiddling....... Yet.

Yes, I'm sure he's really, really worried about what all decent, right-minded, christian-principled people must think of his shocking behaviour.

. . . . or not!

The kind of people who like Clarkson probably won't be put off by any comments he's made regardless of how tasteless they are, in fact the vast majority would probably agree.

I am afraid it really is the age old problem of 'free speech'

I had to google to find what you are talkin about and found this:

http://news.sky.com/story/1252985/jerem ... n-top-gear

where they talk of having to use an audio forensic expert to work out what he said after studying the video footage.

If that is all the newspaper can find to report on with all the major problems and real issues there are int eh world then they must have very little to worry about.

Lots of things people say offend others all the time, but while we are nto a full on dictatorship with total control, thought police and censorship, we have to accept that what some people say and think is not always what we believe or feel is right.

You cant have 'free speech' if it really is 'free speech as long as you say what I want'. it is almost getting that way now.

What he may or may not have said may be offensive to others but hardly massive racisim. if you want to see real racisim, go and live in Uganda or the Congo, where i have lived and see the actions and racist attitudes there between different groups (Tutsis and Hutus). Muttering a word or two quietly (if that report I read is correct) is not even on the scale. it shows really how little we have to worry about in this country.

yes he may be a biggotted twat most of the time but that is why people watch the show.

I think Highlandsflyer is talking about Mr Clarkson's use of the word 'slope' in the Burma special when talking about the angle of a bridge (allegedly!). Apparently it's a racial slur as there was a local walking across the bridge at the time (I know - I'd never heard that one either). However, like you said, some people don't have enough to worry about.

So the Mirror are trying to make the Sun's columnist look bad.

Funny that.

I have no problem with being 'offended' after it doesn't really mean anything, my leg won't drop off because i'm offended and i'm far from being part of the 'PC-brigade' but i like to treat people with respect, the way i'd hope they treat me, is there something wrong with that?

Let's hang him anyway, this countries gone to the dogs since they stopped public executions. All in favour say aye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back