Rock Shox on the Road?

I got this ROCK SHOX "Paris-Roubaix" fork from a friend of a friend who bought this Rock Shox in 1992 and never got to used it. The guy kept it in their garage shop for many years and probably forgot all about it. I was speechless when I first saw it; the guy sold it 'for a song'!!! Sorry, chaps!! This toy will forever be attached to my old Trek. Cheers!!

Attachments

• DSCN5842 (Large).JPG
    DSCN5842 (Large).JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 1,737
Dragonfly that frame is way too big for you.

Musseuw's 94 PR bike

bianchipez2.jpg

ededwards":m8hksw4i said:
I remember seeing a pic of Steve Bauer with Rockshox fitted for Paris Roubaix and the bike also had a VERY slack seat tube angle so the rider was almost sitting behind the rear hub. It looked really weird - or is my memory playing tricks on me?

I remember it also - really slack seat angles like a butchers' bike. Looked hideous!

hamster":160otnyj said:
ededwards":160otnyj said:
I remember seeing a pic of Steve Bauer with Rockshox fitted for Paris Roubaix and the bike also had a VERY slack seat tube angle so the rider was almost sitting behind the rear hub. It looked really weird - or is my memory playing tricks on me?

I remember it also - really slack seat angles like a butchers' bike. Looked hideous!

It was something like a 60' seat and head angle and he was almost pedalling forward (if you see what I mean). The lower part of his leg was vertical when the cranks were parallel to the ground. This meant he was sitting a lot lower than most of the other riders and I can't imagine that controlling it was very easy, especially in Paris-Roubaix.

I'm sure the article about it was in Cycle Sport or Pro Cycling or one of the other 'glossies'.

ededwards":3ub0ava5 said:

I seem to remember this too and reckon it was a merckx or one of the motorola bikes :?

I'm sure cannondale made a road bike with front sus too.

It would have been painted up in team colours but I think it was built by some guy who thought he had re-invented the bike and it was going to be the next 'big thing' in pro road racing.

If it had been any good the UCI would have banned it anyway.

I don't remember Steve B. having any results with it and he retired soon after.

Back