is a chipped/cracked wing mirror...

twain

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
an MOT failure?

its been cracked for a while.
its the drivers side.
a bit of the mirror has chipped off (top left corner) and there is a little spiders web type crack around it.
its about the area of 2x2 pound coins.

got MOT tomorrow.....:roll:

Re:

I think so. Get down to Halfords for a stick on mirror.They have several different shapes and sizes for about a tenner. Take a cardboard template with you.

As long as you have two working mirrors then i think no its just advisory, can you still use it, im assuming by your description that you can, but you really should repair/replace it though, makes it harder to see bikes behind/around you! :p

i reckon i've got around 90% of the mirror still usable, its literally the top left corner. havent replaced it yet because its not really hindering any view from the side.
i'm also well versed in checking my blind spots (being a cyclist/motorcylcist too) :)

Should be fine then, do you have nearside and rearview still useable, if so then you should be fine!

Technically as said, you only need 2 including the rearview, but some testers seem to consider the drivers side mirror an essential - I guess it depends on who does the test. I can't imagine a replacement unit would cost much from a breakers.

turns out its fine. came up on advisorys but commented that its not a serious issue.
car still failed though, but only on tyres which would need replacing soon anyway :)

dont think i've ever had an MOT when i just pay for the cost of the MOT!

Ironically I used to have to affix mirrors on the wrong side back when I dealt VWs. On Lefties that had perfectly good driver side mirrors.

Latest posts

Back