Rusty 29 Rat bike

DeletedUser006

Old School Grand Master
Im not really a fan of On-One bikes but could not resist this one, A good friend of mine bought an On-one 29er and didn't like the teal paint that kept falling off, he had it stripped and lacquered and fitted decals, He didn't really get on with it and we came to an agreement and traded one of my old bikes and some $$, This is now my new project and for a limited time only it will be transformed until a decent frame comes along in a smaller size , I have not yet ridden it but hope to try out this big wheel fad this weekend.

Any way this is how it looks now ;)

Re: Project - Ratatouille .....

Interesting. Having a bit of 29er interest myself at the mo.

I liked the original teal colour, one of on one's best I thought.

Looking forward to a ride report, update the thread on Sunday!

It looks tidy, a nice build, are they magura forks?

Re:

This is how I got it, I have not fettled or anything yet, The forks are DT Swiss as are the wheels and hubs

Ah of course. And they are meant to be good although I've not tried any myself.

White seat though... that'll never last (I know as my modern saracen has one)

Is there much clearance between the wheel and fork? Looks tight at the bridge? Looks really nice and the parts of decent quality. Interested to know what you think, nearly bought a cheap version of one of these.

superstu":2tf7ry8m said:
Is there much clearance between the wheel and fork? Looks tight at the bridge? Looks really nice and the parts of decent quality. Interested to know what you think, nearly bought a cheap version of one of these.

It does look that way in the pic and there is plenty, I have now taken it out twice and must say I am very taken with it, its not so "chuck-able" as my cove around the tight twisty stuff but makes up for it on the straights , its absolutely filthy now and needs a good clean

It's those big wheels that are preventing it from being easy to chuck around yet make it stable on the straight stuff ..

Small update on the project , its gathering speed :LOL:

I have had a great summer riding this, I have really got to love it even more especially after Mayhem, It seems to take all that that can thrown at it, I have put some Specialized SWorks ground control tyres on it which have transformed it hugely from the crappy x-kings that I got it with !

these are recent pics of it at its seaside outing in Poole with Makster and the crew a couple of weeks , It got blessed with sea water on Sandbanks no less :cool: And the the other pic is it racing at 2412 having a burn up with the race leader :LOL:

Ah.. saltwater. That will do it no end of good!

Do love this bike though ;)

Latest posts

Back