2014 Gates planning thread - 26/27 July - route updated

Re: 2014 Gates planning thread

Doesnae matter, Pinks good but not important unless you need to start clearing the clutter now :LOL:

July's a long way off !

Cheers

Re: 2014 Gates planning thread

If we can make it the weekend of 26/27 then it will be a yes!!!!!!

Re:

I went for a ride on my bike today :shock: Not far, just up the hill to the wind turbines and back. Coming back down was more fun than going up the hill. Might do it again one day soon.

Re: 2014 Gates planning thread - 26/27 July?

I wonder what the couple in the distance by the fence were thinking?

Re:

That's it, I've had enough of this wet cold weather. Summer, you may enter the building. Want it scorchio hot and dry until at least mid-september.

PS: The aprés Gates - 'Beds & (mostly) Herts Epic' will be taking place again this year. More-or-less the same route as last year but with less manicured cycle path. Looking at extending it to take in the Weston Hills plateau - the home of 'Little Ditchling' - a beast of a road climb named after the London 2 Brighton climb up the South Downs.

Re: 2014 Gates planning thread - 26/27 July?

New route found!

Nice bit of interesting urban singletrack to take us into the main section

Yet again the gods have conspired against me and I cant make this now. Start new job soon and unlikely to get that weekend off as I must have following weekend off for a music festival or girlfriend will kill me and I'll be out of pocket. Not sure new boss will allow me two consecutive long weekends, best not to risk it :facepalm:

Sorry LGF, hope its another great run ;)

Back