Help What year ?.. Now with pics..

NeilM":3f3657e8 said:
Late 90's if the V brakes are original, as Shimano released theirs in 96.

That's the only clue I can offer.
yep, but remember in '96 was introduced only the 2 top groups - Xt and XTR
next two (lx and stx rc) was having Vbrakes from 97

This bike isn't a top range, so I don't suppose that frame could be Vbrake ready in 1996...

skolioza":37f7m6jx said:
NeilM":37f7m6jx said:
Late 90's if the V brakes are original, as Shimano released theirs in 96.

That's the only clue I can offer.
yep, but remember in '96 was introduced only the 2 top groups - Xt and XTR
next two (lx and stx rc) was having Vbrakes from 97

This bike isn't a top range, so I don't suppose that frame could be Vbrake ready in 1996...

Ok so it's more than likely that this bike was made around 1999-2000 which no way constitutes it as retro and the gear changers are Sram and the rear derailer was a bargain bucket SiS unit :cry: so if i want retro i'll have to search for a reasonable example and then restore or upgrade me thinks :cool: and thanks for the help guys;) as at least i now know my bike is more modern than i thought even though i wanted retro :| ..

So this is what my bike looked like after my last pic;

oldgirl003_zps3f71f4f0.jpg

oldgirl009_zps766d31f1.jpg

I found this pic Lovely GT online which is a 95-96 model I think and is closest I've found to my frame design even though I can't see a connection I think it looks great and wondered if any of you guys have ever owned this model ? .

psyclone_001_zps7383e8a8.jpg

May be so but it's a connection with actual frame design that i'm after not the materials and this is the closest i've gotten to it and i'm after feed back regarding the riding qualities of the GT Psyclone if any one has ever owned one ..

One of the most distinguishing features of your bike, is that while it does have a triple triangle, the top tube doesn't "pierce" the seat tube. I don't know the history of GT allowing other bike manufacturers to use the triple triangle design but it might be that by not piercing the seat tube they didn't fall foul of GT patents. I suspect your bike doesn't have a ride dissimilar to a GT Palomar or Outpost trail from the same era (circa 1998-2000).

markwashington":3gj95ef8 said:
One of the most distinguishing features of your bike, is that while it does have a triple triangle, the top tube doesn't "pierce" the seat tube. I don't know the history of GT allowing other bike manufacturers to use the triple triangle design but it might be that by not piercing the seat tube they didn't fall foul of GT patents. I suspect your bike doesn't have a ride dissimilar to a GT Palomar or Outpost trail from the same era (circa 1998-2000).
Yes as you've noticed the triple triangle doesn't pierce the top tube so your probably right about the GT patent which thanks to you pointing it out it has to be the case that my bike doesn't have any production connection regarding the frame which is a little disappointing but at least it feels good when riding so i'll keep investigating for now ..
FluffyChicken":3gj95ef8 said:
Find the serial number on it, it might give a clue.

I tried that once but couldn't find any way of checking it :? ..

Re:

Just stick it up and see if anyone knows.

GT patents...
Well do they actually have one?
Triple triangles where around before GT used it for marketing.
Pieced style tubes too.

Back