Apple MacBook question/help

Sithlord

Old School Grand Master
Hi guys ,

I bought a apple macbook, privately about 1 year ago, I seem to have a problem with the lower row of letters on the keypad, originally there were only a couple of keys that seemed to not work properly now its most of them ? any idea what could cause this ? software / hardware ? any idea of costs involved with fixin it.. ? if I sent it to apple ? its out of warranty I think , as dont have original receipt as the guy never brought it round.. oh! and yes it was bought from a retail store new.. by the original owner.. :) ;)

I have not mailed apple yet, thought I would see if I can sort this out , without sending it off.. :roll: ;)

If you have a 'Apple' store near you. Take it their. To the 'Genius' bar they will look at it for free. And tell you what's wrong. Just have to get there early. Fixed my Mac for free :D

a similar thing used to happen on my laptop (PC not apple), where a bunch of keys would not work or worked intermittently, sets of keys seem to use the same wire from the keyboard to m/board

it required removal of the the keyboard, disconnecting the flat cable and cleaning before reinstalling,
a fairly simple process, i did myself,
i'm sure you can find a guide to doing this for an apple,

New keyboards and top case is £110 from Apple, or get in on the 'bay for half that and then fit it yourself! But as Tintin says, book a session online with the genius bar and get them to look at it (book in advance as they get really busy, go to the retail site for Apple UK)

How much of a job of fitting/ taking the keyboard apart to clean/replace ?

It does not seem to have any cable adjusters, or anywhere to switch between indexed and friction ??? :? :? :LOL: :LOL:

thanks for the advice guys.. going to have to find out where the nearest genius bar is ? never heard of these.. ? I am in northumerland , so dont know the nearest place is to take it ? ?

;)

Back