Commuters: how do you avoid creased clothes?

fjpshaw

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
My daily commute is an absolute bitch, and costs me a fortune. So looking to make better use of the time and going to bike some of it. We have showers at work so the plan is to get up and go in the morning, and get dressed once in the office. But, packing a shirt, shoes, trousers, toiletries, etc into a bag it all starts to get quite cramped, and I don't want to end up looking like the 'before' picture from a steam iron advert. I've looked at, and am quite tempted by, the Free-Fold as a potential solution, and wondered if anyone has ever used one? Also aware of the Eagle Creek Pack-It. Or any other homemade remedies anyone can recommend?

Cheers!

Sod that. Learn how to fold clothes properly. No joke, it makes a big difference and you'll soon get used to it. Doesn't cost a thing.

The History Man":otcsyh87 said:
A dummy wearing your clothes riding pillion?

The History Man":otcsyh87 said:
" Solutions nearly always come from the direction you least expect, which means there’s no point trying to look in that direction because it won’t be coming from there."

I'll dismiss your suggestion at my own peril ;)

If the first day you wear a set and carry a set, and from then on wear a set, you will always have the set you arrive in to hang up and wear the next day when the creases have dropped out.

Re:

Most modern backpacks have a compartment for laptops, and the good ones have more sturdy dividers between the laptop section and the rest of the backpack. If you slide them in with a bit of care, a full set of regular clothes will fit in there just fine and will not crease.

Of course it also matters what you wear. Jeans-like fabrics and casual shirts are no problem, but don't even think about a three piece suit or something like that.

I cycle to work, and fold my shirts properly, and take them daily, along with underwear. I took everything else in by car, and leave it there. I just make sure I have another set at home, if required. Every weekend I take my towel home for a wash, and bring it back on Monday.

There is a suit commuter bag that featured on Dragons Den and is available on ebay.

Leave stuff at work.
taking them back and forth daily is a waste of time.
you should really only be taking the bare minimum with you. shirt and under wear.

and rolling a shirt properly is a doddle. Until I stopped bothering with shirts, I did iteveryday for a couple of years.
Thankfully I've not had to wear a shirt forwork for the last 15 years.

Latest posts

Back