snob, pimp and bikeconnaisseur content

Elev12k":8m18itvg said:
kid":8m18itvg said:
Are they so rare, I threw my golden century frame...
21 incher..

So you had one...

..and you threw it away

You know more on the Century?
- did yours also came with the same equipment incl Trimble combo?
- you bought it in the States?
- pics?
- do you have articles, brochures or other stuff on the bike?
- why did you threw it away? broken?
- why are you of the opinion it isn't rare?

Would be great if you could tell me a bit more on the Century. Thnx in advance.

I got this frame fron a mate, it was tatty and the gold flaking off.
Laid in my attic for years.
I didn´t know how much it was worth.

Had only the fork, a Tange Prestige and sold it for some days ago.
/Mattias

EDIT: found the frame in my outer store.
http://luminasweden.com/mattias/mtb/miyata.jpg
It´s for sale, only taking up space.

Miyata team 1991

Shame he won't ship this one overseas, looks pretty nice (but BIG)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Miyata-Team-199...ryZ98083QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

picture.JPG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
@kid

Thanks - Awesome!

Nice to see one other example. I guess the alloy under the gold is a bit corroded. Mine had it a very tiny bit on the seatlug. I have carefully restored it. Not with 14K gold, but with the best matching paint from modellbuild shop.

See you are from Sweden. Miyatas were sold over there too, I know. I think Scandanavia was the only part for Europe, but I am not sure.

What you or buyer could also do with the frame is simply polish the lugs. Of course it will be a pity of the gold, but as I see correctly on your pic restoring will be a serious hell of a job. Economically it isn't interesting to further put energy in the frame. In Holland pretty fine Koga Miyatas can be acquired at surprisingly low prices.

@retrobikeguy

I own more bikes/frames of the similar concept as the Century and actually the one you posted is one of them.

It is a 1991 Team Miyata with 'Greg Herbold' signature on the toptube. In the H-Ball on his Elev10k interview posted before the bike is also mentioned. H-Ball says it is one of his worksbikes.

The frameset I have also has the original BigChamp and has once been built but never ridden. I use it as spare and it currently is a nice piece of decoration.

I think it is a very good frame. The Carbolites have a 0.7mm alloy insert in the carbon tubes and I think it will make them more fragile than this full alloy bonded and bolted frame.

Back