The BMX Introduce Yourself Here Thread

a quick hi . new today . I 've got a poorly tuff burner which will have rebuild I also got given today another bike which I'm not quite sure what it is. if any one could Id it I will put a post up in bmx section.

thanks in advance rob.

Re: new member

I'm 45 and been BMXing since around '81. Had a stack of different bikes over the years, the dreadful Spartan XM1000, a mongoose I won with Ready Brek an Atom, CW, Haro, GT , Dyno, Subrosa, and currently a we the people 4 seasons, a haro cruiser, a strange alloy framed race bike http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=318758 and a Ragley blue pig MTB.
I live in Wicklow, Ireland.

Re:

Hi all, I'm new around these parts so thought I'd introduce myself! I've got a couple of Skyway Street Beats from 1985, (well one is the wife's to be honest ;-)), an original paint green one and a repainted sky blue one (I'll post pics when I've worked out how to).

First bmx I had in 1982 was a Super Burner, which was a replacement for my Grifter that was stolen. I upgraded it with various parts over the next couple of years and eventually bought my mates Firebird Delta II frame and forks from him, but never got it built up. I then swapped that frame and forks for a team issue Raleigh Aero Pro frame and forks, built it up with Araya 7x rims, Robinson Expert bars, Grafight X pedals and other goodies. I loved that bike! It was stolen in 1987... I still haven't gotten over it! ;-)

Dom

Re:

Hi,
My names Adrian, I recently bought a very cheap BMX on ebay and to me the frame looks unusual.
Also it has a F-System Giro, which I had never seen before.
I did try to search online but it's impossible to find out anything about it as I don't even know the make.
So I was wondering if it would be possible for someone with BMX knowledge to have a look if I took some photos ?

Re: Re:

AdeLye1":3kpb9st0 said:
Hi,
My names Adrian, I recently bought a very cheap BMX on ebay and to me the frame looks unusual.
Also it has a F-System Giro, which I had never seen before.
I did try to search online but it's impossible to find out anything about it as I don't even know the make.
So I was wondering if it would be possible for someone with BMX knowledge to have a look if I took some photos ?

Hi Adrian,

Deffo would be good to see some pics :) I currently restore Old School BMX's so may be able to help you identify it :)

Jussa :D

Back