Klein Pulse fork axle to crown dimension

novanath

Klein Fan
Does anyone have any idea what axle to crown length i'd need for a Klein Pulse comp.

Thinking about setting the bike up as an off-road commuter, maybe with a rigid fork, but want to recover the original handling characteristics.

In the past i changed the fork from the Indy to a Reba SL. The new fork ruined the ride, so i stripped it and added the spacers to knock the travel down (from 115 to 80mm?).
This recovered some of the handling but buggered the plush action of the fork :facepalm:

Any help greatfully recieved :)

Rock Shox SID Travel Adjustment

Forgive me for bumping this thread up from the past but this is exactly the same question I have.

I have a Klein Pulse '97 and a pair of Rock Shox SID 2002 - currently set up with 80mm travel with an axel to crown measurement of around 450mm.

I think that they're probably a bit too long for the frame so I am thinking about having the SIDs adjusted down to 63mm. That will reduce the axle to crown measurement but I don't know if they will still be too long for the frame.

Does anyone know? I don't want to spend the money on a full service and adjustment if they will still turn out to be too long.

Any advice as to what to do? Does anyone know what suspension forks would be a good match for the geometry and still be lightweight?

Thanks

Re:

I'm sure I measured my old fork at some stage and 430mm seems to ring a bell. That was some time ago though and I'm not famed for my memory!

Back