Mavic sunset, hope, Klein & Cook bros

Re: A wheel, no more, no less (opinions please)

paulvandermoolen":1l4a6opy said:
I would just take that Wheel, put it in a frame, and hang it on the wall in my living room... I have a Lott of wheels with twisted Spokes and that'd awesome. But this wheel is the most gorgeous one i have ever seen(i think)

I have to agree ! That is artwork ! :)

Regarding strenght To This type of lacing spokes, i have To say that they are strong. I am a heavy person and i ride only this type of wheels. Allways been a heavy person and i allways have ridden these type of wheels. I even did some downhilling in Belgium with a fully rigid bike with these type of lacing. They are strong if they are trued by a pro.

matthew71":2nlury4u said:
I have purple rear hope, but it needs new bearings.i will look tomorrow and see how many holes it has

Any joy with with the rear hub please?

I have a number of other equally bonkers parts I shall be adding soon, and then starting a build thread. The whole idea is for it to be OTT. Should create some divisive opinions.

As soon as I get a matching Hope rear hub I'll get the tools out.
That is the last piece I'm waiting on.
Once I get that I'll start a build thread, and put together a very colourful sensation to divide the masses.

I'm still not a fan of pink but for some weird reason i like that frame set loads :facepalm: and i'm really loving those wheels and as for those cook brothers well their just magnific as usual :cool: :p :p ..

Back