View
IMG_0519_zpsf86e6efb.jpg

IMG_0504_zps43c5053d.jpg

IMG_0503_zps8c489235.jpg

IMG_0520_zps19cba6bd.jpg

IMG_0518_zps54a11ec3.jpg

8E7A6F56-2E51-474F-95BD-E3A98A512BAC-7458-000005A90FC9484D_zps9dcc78ec.jpg

cr1probuild_zps1e62c7e5.jpg

My Winter Project, the re-build and lightening of my previous Scott CR1 Elite, want to go sub 13Ib, which I managed to achieve with room to spare.

Had a few short rides on it so far, but still bedding in a few components but otherwise very happy with the bike, it feels amazingly light and quick to accelerate.

Potential future updates:
-Pedals -> Bebop Chromoly (with Ward Ti Spindle) approx. 147g
-Stem -> Extralite RoadStem OC approx. 81g

All weights on the build list have been verified when the build was in pieces.

That looks great, I really like the CR1, and in stealth black it looks fantastic.

About that saddle though :shock:

cchris2lou":1indo9hy said:
Great build .

Yeah,totally :D
That is some amazing weight. I know roadies are normally really light but to us mtbers every time we see such low weights we do get a touch green :mrgreen:

Well done on the completion ,thats sometimes the hardest bit (the finally ready nothing to add bit]

2 Month/Close to 1000 Mile Update:

Smud Saddle:
Takes some getting used, I found you need to get a perfect alignment from the curve of your saddle and the curve of your bum and then it transforms from OK to super comfortable.

Seat Clamp:
For something that weighs 5 Grams, it has only just passed the test, I have had to re-apply carbon paste, put some tape on the inside to make the clamp bigger as it was bottoming out on itself and overtorque it to get it to clamp it tight enough, anymore issues and it will be binned.

Wheels:
For the price £450 you will not find anything as good as these wheels, still perfectly true, round and as tight as day one, despite me hitting some massive potholes, braking is good, some slight pulsing on the front wheel which has almost gone now, also they tend to squeal if the pads are not toed in 100%
They also eat the brake pads at great speed, braking in the wet has been good and the dry is superb.

Ride:
The bike being so light does get moved around quite a bit in the wind we have had lately, especially the wheels, makes riding a challenge, on the upside it accelerates like a ferrari (albeit with me as a morris minor engine), the wheels are noticeable stiffer than the previous Mavics which also aids power transfer.

Very happy with it overall and will continue using it as is, getting the miles in and enjoying it.

Impressive stuff !! Now I've looked at this thread I can see me chucking cash at my tcr advanced :facepalm:

No worries I don't have any cash :LOL:

Really nice build.Makes a change to see a WW build on here.Interesting to see the bottle cage on the CR1 though.Do you fill the bottle up with helium as I would think anything liquid will more or less weigh the same as the bike? :LOL: ........I'm only jealous :mrgreen:

5000 Mile Update:

Everything is still smooth and fine, has no issues and the wheels are amazing for the price!

Just updated to Speedplay Ti Pedals and a TillQuist Garmin Mount for Zipp SL stem for a new weight of 5754g/12.69Ib's.

Back