1996 Kona Sex Too Project

fitzroybikeco

Retro Guru
Just picked up this 96 Sex Too, pretty good nick has a mix of XTR and XT. Rides pretty well but needs a clean up. Will try and get the rest of the XTR bits I need and then upgrade the fork.

13794656634_4a2f5a62d9_b.jpg

13794314485_ce2222507b_c.jpg

13794322905_84ff400ca3_c.jpg

More images here https://www.flickr.com/photos/fitzroybi ... 831918275/

Re:

Nice one. Thats gonna look fantastic once its finished, watching with interest as i'll soon be building a kona as well

Sean

thanks that does look pretty nice, let the hunt begin. Think the guy I got the bike from is sending the original cranks so that should be much better than the current ones.

Looks nice, I'd second the Marzocchi, although a black one that didn't detract from the frame colour would be nice. You have to change those cranks asap though, they're awful! This might be a good donor though:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Retro-Special ... 1c3ef2f43d

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
thanks, missed that auction and don;t think he would have posted to Australia. Will start pulling this apart today and see what I am dealing with.

Re:

Ok so have made a bit of progress of this of late. I ended up porting most of the parts across to my 96 kilauea and took it for a massive ride in the mud.

14170349693_55ac2323c4_o.jpg

After riding this for such a long ride I felt that the frame is just a bit to small so I decided to get the Sex Too up and running. I have a 98 Zaskar LE frame on the way which will then become another project and my go to Hard Tail.

This is where I am at now.
14195110334_cdf66f9853_b.jpg

Going to clean up the frame and forks this weekend and pop a new blue headset in eraly next week. Then port the rest of the gear from the kilauea back across with the addition of M950 front and rear mechs which have landed.

Specs Will be XTR M950/952 with Kore stem. Not 100% sure on teh bars but will start with some Ritchey risers and see how they go.

Back