2010 Paduano Caligola titanium

cyb

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Here is the latest guest in my shed.
It is a Paduano Caligola titanium frame from around 2010. I'm not completely sure about the date of production but considering that there are no vb bosses and other frames from the same period show the same cable routing, this could be an educated guess.

This is a very impressive product of an italian craftsman: http://www.paduanoracing.com/

It shows an integrates seatpost and a really simple headset, made of two normal bearings and two aluminum cups, one on the top and the other one on the bottom of the headtube (as a racecrown).

The fork is a mr. Crisp product: http://crisptitanium.com/

Thi is my first ISP bike and first modern titanium 26er.

My firts concern was about adjusting the isp height. It was too tall for my poor legs :) So I worked on the saddle cradle to trim it down to the (maybe) correct height.
Even if I cut it as much as I can, it wasn't enough and I made a compromise. I bought a 170 crankset to limit the damages.

I put on it a very low stack saddle and this worked to reach a perfect tradeoff.

I ended using a normal Shimano XT stuff, mixed between 9 and 10 speed, but nothing particular or strange. I'd really need a sturdy machine and not a garage queen (nor I have any money left to afford some exotic components :) ).

Here is the final stage:

IMG_4664 di cyb's photos, su Flickr

IMG_4670 di cyb's photos, su Flickr

IMG_4667 di cyb's photos, su Flickr

IMG_4669 di cyb's photos, su Flickr

c

Not seen an isp like that.

Of you want to lower the saddlr you need to drill the seat tube for the clamp to go througj plus cut off the seat tube with the old hole?

Hi, beautiful bike,I've been looking for the same frame and forks for years. Could you be persuaded to sell yours?

I have myself a Paduano Caligola. Are you intersted?

Attachments

• Padiano Caligola 1.JPG
    Padiano Caligola 1.JPG
    641.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Padiano Caligola 4.JPG
    Padiano Caligola 4.JPG
    325.1 KB · Views: 17
Back