The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, testing the water here :?

Waiting for an E3 frame to arrive, when it does i think
i may need to decide between it or the Clockwork :( , was wondering
what i could expect for the Clockwork.

Would be selling as Frame, Forks, Headset, BB, Stem and Seatpin.

Frame was professionaly resprayed before i bought it and is still
pretty much mint with only minor stone chips from commuting,
recent new stickers, frame size is 17"

Forks are Tange switchblades, bought NOS, still in mint condition.

Stem is a hinged Syncros, 150mm length, 15 degree rise, was also
NOS, still mint .

FSA A-headset bought new six months ago.

UN51 bottom bracket.

No name seatpin from LBS

redtyres.jpg

No,no,no,no,no,no,no,no :shock:

You would be a mentalist if you got rid of the clockwork no matter what you could sell her for.

I'm getting a special coffin made so she can come with me when I shuffle off this mortal coil.

I picked this up from the states for what I thought was a bargain price. Anyway, when it got here and I'd paid more shipping than I'd expected, import duty that I (foolishly) wasn't aware of and the components were worn it wasn't as cheap as I thought!

Anyway, I'm thinking of moving the frame and forks on and wondered what they are worth. I've seen the rigid forks go for stupid money on their own. These however are scraped down the right hand leg, as can be seen in the photo. The frame has no rust, but would be grateful for a respray. Everything is straight and it rides nicely.

Any ideas what I should ask for it???

Attachments

• Fatchance.jpg
    Fatchance.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 2,705
stavros222":ewkebv5h said:
I picked this up from the states for what I thought was a bargain price. Anyway, when it got here and I'd paid more shipping than I'd expected, import duty that I (foolishly) wasn't aware of and the components were worn it wasn't as cheap as I thought!

Anyway, I'm thinking of moving the frame and forks on and wondered what they are worth. I've seen the rigid forks go for stupid money on their own. These however are scraped down the right hand leg, as can be seen in the photo. The frame has no rust, but would be grateful for a respray. Everything is straight and it rides nicely.

please contact me when you are going to sell,..i want one like this very bad,...
and what is wurth? 50 bucks? hahahah,..

serious,..please let me know...

Defiant":2kqzj3im said:
stavros222":2kqzj3im said:

please contact me when you are going to sell,..i want one like this very bad,...

and what is wurth? 50 bucks? hahahah,..

serious,..please let me know...

OK matey, will do. Let me get an idea on its value and I'll be in touch!

stavros222, agree that import duty etc. is stupid although this has been covered by me and others before so I won't labour the point.

Why not keep it now you have it (providing the right size of course)? I'd suggest not respraying even with scrapes on frame and forks as I've had good advice that you will never colour match the current scheme.

As for value, I'm not sure but if it was in fantastic condition you might get £350-400 for frame and forks. As it's not I think you're looking at quite a bit less than that and even though the forks can go for crazy money the ones you have are cosmetically scraped and have a short steerer so suspect, although don't know, that you are not sitting on a goldmine. If you want a real world guide to value. eBay, as ever, is your friend.

Sorry, and of course this is not a definitive view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back