CBT Italia - Shimano 600 tricolor

Alex_pt

Dirt Disciple
Here is my CBT Italia presentation.

The frame is a CBT Italia that I believe to be from the late 80's early 90's. The fork is a 979 Vitus, unfortunately I don't have the CBT original.

It's equiped with shimano 600 tricolor (6400) with the following exceptions:

Seatpost - Mavic 330
Stem - Cinelli XA
Bars - 3ttt Superleggero
Hubs - sachs new success
Rims - Rigida DP18
Freenwheel - Regina 8V
BB - Mavic 610
Headset - Stronglight (No idea about the reference or name)
Saddle - Selle itália Flite Alpes

Still needing straps and I am currently looking for some tricolor 8spd hubs.

Here are the photos.

photoabr16094420.jpg

photoabr16094443.jpg

photoabr16094430.jpg

photomar03193008.jpg

photoabr16094557.jpg

photojan19175627.jpg

photojan19175610.jpg

New stickers, the old decals where falling off.

Lovely bike. Is that a crimped tubing or just semil oval on the down tube? Is it Columbus tubing?

The Shimano 600 tri colour has to be one one of the best groupsets ever made.

Very nice - I have a CBT too, they're nice, under-rated frames. Although I'll be moving mine on at some point as it's rarely ridden and currently in kit form. The company is still going strong though and regularly advertise in French bike mags - my LBS sells new carbon ones. I emailed CBT Italia about doing some painting on mine - they got straight back to me which was nice. The quote was very high but if they have to find space in a paint shop which interrupts production I suppose that's fair enough.

Here's mine, in singlespeed form:

@otherself

Yeah I forgot to mention the tubing... It's Columbus Gara tubing with Gilco shaping, hence the apparent crimp.

@Rich34

I saw your bike in my research for building this one up, very similar paint job, different tubing though (it seems), really jealous of your fork! :LOL:

Alex_pt":37o2x7qo said:
@Rich34

I saw your bike in my research for building this one up, very similar paint job, different tubing though (it seems), really jealous of your fork! :LOL:

Pleased to hear it's been inspirational...! It's a nice frame and seems light. The tubing is also crimped but I don't know what it's made of. I think your frame must be better quality than mine - I love your drop-outs...

Alex_pt":1fmj84vf said:

What a nice bike! I'm in the process of finishing to assemble mine after finding a similar frame in Italy. Where did you find the right set of decals? Mine are unfortunately all crackled.

mike.c":b6282x4x said:
Alex_pt":b6282x4x said:

What a nice bike! I'm in the process of finishing to assemble mine after finding a similar frame in Italy. Where did you find the right set of decals? Mine are unfortunately all crackled.

Hello mike.c, no decals here, they are stickers, I draw them and had them cut in vinyl, a layer for each colour.

Back