RTS

SLIM

BoTM Winner
took the rts out for its first real "spin" today

and after using the 06 rock springs for the last year and not really riding anything retro :oops:

she was like a bloody greyhound out of the stalls

on and off road , performed really well

but after a while started to get a bit of a neck ache and the wrists were a bit tingly , just getting used to the "new / "old position i thought

so an hour into the ride and nowhere near home , realized why .....

tha bloody MAG 21` s had lost most of the air pressure :roll:

so not sure if it was "flat" before i left or the ride forced the last out of it , when i got home they were holding about 25 psi instead of 35 / 45

the Q is do / did you need to pump them up regularly or should it hold the pressure indefinately ?????

OH and now i realize what is missing when riding "modern" ...........

that lovely little , reassuring PRRRRRRRR from the rear wheel as soon as you stop pedalling

thanks slim

What (rear)hub do you use?
I have ridden with Chris King hubs, I keeps you reminding that your not pedaling ;)
My GT (Hadley) hub makes a nice sound too, not as loud as a CK or Hügi, but still nice.
Have you got some pice of the RTS?

Interesting.. This could be a good Poll.. Clickety click or Silent whirr..?

I'm not a LoudHub fan.. :oops:

My '98 Crossmaxs run near silent and I love it.. :D

you should hear a 91 hugi in a tioga disc drive.... infact anyone who saw Ned racing at newnham park in the early 90s would have heard it.. from several miles away :LOL:

mag21s, they'd keep air for ages, maybe a seals gone slim?

I seem to remember all those titanium Hope rear hubs made a hell of a racket, whereas my Mavic is near silent... I like both, depending if I'm hung over or not!

nothing special on the hubs , just some LX

but it was nice just to hear her purring along :D

got a new set of seals and bushing , but it must be 6 months since i set her up and put air in

put the pressure back in and i will try her again this w`end if i can

see if they hold , if not will change the seals and o rings

pics here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=877

I do like my Kings, although the ProII SS on the back of the Bonty is louder :twisted:

Back