i know nothing..---------pics now added---------------

GoD = Gerald O'Donovan. He ran Carlton cycles and then became Raleigh's chief frame designer when Raleigh bought them out. The Carlton workshop was where all the very high-end Raleighs were made.

If the frame was one of his designs it would have a transfer that has his initials on it.

Ok... I may have been a little hasty in my description of my first road bike experience!!! It was however, very different to what I'm used to.
I have decided to give it another go, but I'm gonna have to make some changes!
Firstly I think I need to get some 'proper' cycling gear (no lycra tho) as my normal riding stuff is jeans, T-shirt and skate shoes. I think a helmet may be an idea too!
Also, would it be 'wrong' to fit all-in-one shifters/brake levers? as I think I'll get into some scrapes with the down tube shifters.
Lastly, does anyone have any ideas about what pedals I could use. The toe clip things are too narrow for my Nike 6.0s and I don't do clipless. I guess I could just lob on a pair of flats, or will I get lynched?

If you like the idea of a road bike and the frame looks pretty cool -

I'd be spending some quality time on ebay - sort out some carbon forks and 8 speed campagnolo.

That or sort out the forks headset stem and bars and I can sort you out the rest for a couple of drinks

dirtjumper_dmr":2wzga4q8 said:
Firstly I think I need to get some 'proper' cycling gear (no lycra tho) as my normal riding stuff is jeans, T-shirt and skate shoes. I think a helmet may be an idea too!

Also, would it be 'wrong' to fit all-in-one shifters/brake levers?

I guess I could just lob on a pair of flats, or will I get lynched?

Putting integrated shifters on this bike is going to be more trouble than it's worth, aswell as it destroying the original character of the bike.

You'll run into so many compatiblilty issues it'll be cheaper buying something more modern second hand.

And flat pedals on this bike? Just take the toe clips off.....

ok so the gear/brake combo thing wouldn't work, what about single-speeding it? That could solve the gear shifting problems! + would be easy, right?

Latest posts

Back