Mid-cure Epoxy

FluffyChicken

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I don't know a lot about epoxy stuff.
I need a mid cure epoxy, fine if I search the US, but what do we call it in the UK. I thin kit's 15mins cure time iirc.

I need it to bind glassfibre (I think, looks like the circuit-board stuff but bare) to a plastic tube (some posh name for the nano-particle super light strong tube... looks like drainpipe to me ;) but they call it Quantum Tube :LOL: )

Basically its to glue the fins onto a rockets fuselage. So it needs to be workable, but once cured withstand impacting the floor after it's dropped.

one of these
intruderjerrysmall.jpg

Re:

I spent yesterday working out who they use to supply their epoxy, seem it is probably BSI/Bob Smith Industries rebranded from containers and product descriptions. Looks like it is used by radio Controlled Car Enthusiasts too, so not to hard to buy from here and we know it'll work.
Well should be better than my Asda stuff (actually that's really good)
Or popping to Halfords to see what they have.
I asked as most I have used, Araldite etc have not bonded to the plastics I've tried them on well, they just break or peal off.

Well the stuffs working, though when we tried the dab of superglue to act as a tab hold (like our instructions mentioned). That area smoked and grew a little mountain :oops:

I do scuff the surface, but this stuff seems seems to be working well. <touch nano-plastic wood>
thanks for the help.

Re:

whats the best method for painting over the epoxy

wait till its set an lightly sand it

or spray over it while its tacky so it absorbs the paint

Back