gt santa ana

Giom6":13h6o38g said:
That look racey.

Love those old GT's

Hi gio, Sorry for the late reply, cheer's.

I would have loved to have raced this back in the day, i should take some better pics of it and a break down of the parts used.

Re:

I wish I kept my old BMX collection.

I had a JMC and a Hutch 24. Sold both of them :oops:

I have got on of the limited reissue Mongoose's they sold a few years ago.

Re: Re:

Giom6":26hehqfp said:
I wish I kept my old BMX collection.

I had a JMC and a Hutch 24. Sold both of them :oops:

I have got on of the limited reissue Mongoose's they sold a few years ago.

wow, very good bikes gio,

One of my friends raced a jmc which was very cool and weighed nothing and i raced a hutch expert back in 82/3 ish, i too to this day regret selling :facepalm:

Is your mongoose, 1 of 500 ? if so what number is it ?

I was at a vw show a couple of years ago, i had only just got there and spotted some one with a hutch ! and was lucky enough to have a go of it, memories came flooding back , i dont remember looking at the cars that day..., its always been bmx's first with me.

Please dont laugh, my first bmx, the photo was taken towards the end of the 70's 'happy days'

team murray bmx by redfern1950s, on Flickr

The hutch that stole the vw show.

stanford hall vw show...Hutch bmx by redfern1950s, on Flickr

Re:

Very nice. Cool pic.

I always wanted the white and green Mag Burner but wa never allowed it sadly :(

It is one of the 500. Can't remember what number it is, something like 254! I'll check tomorrow - it's safely boxed up in the attic!

The JMC was sweet. If I ever get the chance to own another one I will. One of the best looking BMX's - in my opinion anyway...

Re:

Glad you like the pic.

I will ask my mate sy, what number his mongoose is, would be good to know if the numbers are close..

I might have to agree with you on the jmc, i always drooled over the one my old friend used to race... i think he used to race a pk ripper as well as the jmc, both very cool, but completely different bikes.

Re:

Heres two pictures of very similar models to the ones I had. I remember now I had a Darrell Young JMC, full chrome with red components and the Hutch 24 was chrome and black!

Why did I do it! :oops: :face palm:

Pictures found through google

Attachments

• post-1186-1235717813_thumb.jpg
    post-1186-1235717813_thumb.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 4,694
  • 1hutch1_copy1_lg.jpg
    1hutch1_copy1_lg.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 4,694
Re:

WOW, Gio..

Those where beautiful bikes, that jmc just looks the biz....., my god, how good did things used too be ?
Love the number plate, i might still have one of those some where.

My hutch was red & chrome. it had 'red z rims with red,white & blue bullseye hubs'. i wish i had a photo of it..

I never had the chance to have a go at cruiser class, your 24 hutch must have been a blast to ride.

Back