Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shimano's Original XTR Groupset

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Sachs MTB Groupset

• Mavic's MTB Groupset

• Total voters
There were good bits on the campy and Suntour.
The XC Pro thumbies have such a light action. For me though, after XT, felt too light. The front mechs really were the nuts too.

Though all in, I have to say M900 was the nuts. It was a good step up from XT, and looked better than any gruppo since. The finish, function, and quality on all parts was superb. :D
If only the new stuff looked as good. 952 mechs look cheap and nasty :cry: Will wait till I see the new X brand stuff, but pics - they don't impress me much.

I voted for M900 XTR.

Although I have ridden DX XT mix for most of my riding life and am only now putting M900 on a bike it was such a step up in quality, sure XT / DX was reliable and strong and positive but this added a certain something to the package which makes it the best, even now.

Campag all the way on the road, Shimano 'till I die on the trail :LOL:

im reluctantly voting M900.... for me it was a nice groupset... but my ideal is the M950, the brakes finally worked, the gears worked, flightdeck, Ti cassette, and the STI units... well true, they dont look as smooth and beautiful as the 900's, but they just look thug-ish! :D

i run m950 groupset as choice, with M900 sti's in my toolbox, dunno where my M900 cantis are, must be somewhere round here! as is a front mech... :)

Woah! Nice to see the Suntour / Shimano debate stirred up..... I have to admit to not wanting to spend an inordinate amount of time fettling a drivetrain to get it working, which probably sparked off my vitriol..... I have to admit to still riding my XC Pro cranks (never bought XTR cranks), albeit with Onza stainless middle / inner Buzzsaw rings.
I agree with all on the superior finish of the best (ie XC Pro / Superbe Pro) Suntour kit.... my preference for Gripshift shifters prob'ly sounded the death knell for Maeda kit as far as King Scratch goes.
I have a couple of pairs of XC Pro 8 speed shifters in good nick- any offers (wrong forum I know....)
>;)

Back