Motorbikes - Retro or otherwise!

REKIBorter":3338ajnv said:
stevek":3338ajnv said:
Beautiful Norton single. :cool: Looks totally original even down to the kiddie killer!
Now, where can I find myself a Vincent Black Shadow?

You could always buy a new one, about £60,000

They stopped making 'em in the late '50's. I was looking in the early 90's and they were about 12k for a minter, they fetch around 30k now.

This would be my choice.....ordered a brand new one last year then backed out cos Mrs Neilll sold her VS750..... :roll:

nothing quite sounds like one of these...:twisted: :twisted:

Spent the money on bikes without engines now :LOL:

Attachments

• lightning_cityx_xb9sx_1.jpg
    lightning_cityx_xb9sx_1.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 1,191
My beloved Honda CR250 twinshock from 1979. Restored from a wreck by me back in 1997. Sadly I had to sell it when unemployed in 2007. I believe it now sits in a barn unloved. I'd try and buy it back but the price of twinshock MX bikes is just crazy these days. In 1997 I paid £600, I sold for £2300 and would have to pay at least that to get it back.

Loved that bike we enjoyed hundreds of races together and pretty successfully too. I think what appeals to me so much about retrobike is you restore a bike and live with it. Not swap every year because the new model has different decals and claimed performance advantages. It becomes a part of you and when you do let it go you'll always regret it. I look back and think was there any way I could have got around selling it? Sadly there wasn't, mouths to feed and bills to pay. A fact of life i'm afraid but here it is.

Attachments

• Picture 182.jpg
    Picture 182.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,160
My 1996 Aprilia RS250, Max Biaggi Rep. Lusted after one when they first came out and bought this one 2 years ago with only 4000 miles on the clock. I dont ride it much, worried about the mileage!!!!

Attachments

• PICT0032.JPG
    PICT0032.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,130
Here's my new toy

SV1000S, Viper cans, power commander, fairing lowers, undertray but otherwise standard.

xt003.jpg

xt005.jpg

xt007.jpg

Kneedowndean":oemyl1xd said:
My 1996 Aprilia RS250, Max Biaggi Rep. Lusted after one when they first came out and bought this one 2 years ago with only 4000 miles on the clock. I dont ride it much, worried about the mileage!!!!

Mmmm...want one, want one....that or a Suzuki VJ23 :cool:

Re: Kwakkers

mrkawasaki":22frdge4 said:
Trying to sell mine still... :-(

Mr K

Hop onto mcnninjas.co.uk - You'll need to get your post count up before you can post in the for sale section but if you'd like I can stick it on there for you. Just holler via PM.

Cheers

Paddy

Back