Raleigh Torus Titanium. UPDATED 23-08-11

I will update this sometime!
It's been inbetween builds for a long time. It currently has Trimnell forks and drop bars! Hopefully going back to straight bars soon(?) though. Also one of the XTR STI units has stopped shifting :(
There are more red anodized parts waiting to go on now, maybe too much :roll:

Looks like I've missed the previous incarnation.
This is the next:
Trimnell forks converted to 1.1/8" steerer,
Middleburn Duo (possibly only red ones in the world?) rings,
Middleburn cranks (still RS7/7 combo!) currently painted but will be anodised,
Mavic CrossMaxx wheels with anodised centre caps,
Will be changing to XT M737 shifters as they are nicer than XTR IMHO!

mLFqWuY.jpg

Re:

This was my old frame, i bought it off the Raleigh Rep that used to come into the bike shop (that i worked in at the time) he even had it painted for me for free and they replaced the original heron badge with the RSP one. Glad to see it is still being used. :D

Attachments

• DSC01635.JPG
    DSC01635.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 599
  • DSC01636.JPG
    DSC01636.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 599
Great bikes ...

Here is mine

DSCF5807.jpg

I've been thinking that my next upgrade might be a trimmel fork ... if I can find one.

Look forwards to seeing yours finished.

Re: Re:

burkeredh":2uy1qc73 said:
This was my old frame, i bought it off the Raleigh Rep that used to come into the bike shop (that i worked in at the time) he even had it painted for me for free and they replaced the original heron badge with the RSP one. Glad to see it is still being used. :D

I did feel bad when I stripped the paint!
There are two other members on here who have also owned it.
What shop was it you worked in?
Strange it's gone from Manchester to Glasgow to Devon then back to Manchester!

Re:

The shop was "Cycle super store" in Levenshulme, we sold the full range of £99.99 specials all the way up to £2000 Diamond Back Axis TT's. :)

Re: Re:

burkeredh":n4t6j6ut said:

Actually, its MY old frame
Once you sold it to me it became mine. Stop jumping in and stealing the limelight :p :LOL:

Its my first Ti without it being main tubes only bonded in.
Cant say im too chuffed seeing it stripped as it was a lovely paint job well applied :? and getting it put back on would be costly and youre not guaranteed as professional a job :?
That said, it is nice to see it with the trimmel forks. and its nice to see it built up.

PS
You dont have to beat about the bush and not tell me how terribly mixed up a build it is....
Others have already pointed that out :LOL:
I do wish id kept the purple cooks and the paul boosters :(

and of course now im in desperate need of some purple standard bars :facepalm:

Attachments

• dyna_ti_008_large_663.jpg
    dyna_ti_008_large_663.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 549
Re:

There is a bike shop there still but not sure what it sells anymore ?
I have a feeling it is cheap mtb's and the like.

Back