Late 90's DH bike collection - GT DHi and Intense Tazer FS

Re: Late 90's DH bike collection - Schwinn Straight 8 BUILT

Easter Monday was a good bit of fun, day trip for Cwmcarn uplift day, South Wales and a first outing for the Schwinn. A few hiccups - front disc brake pad falling out in the van on the way there, (found it though), a lost chain as soon as the first run started, and a pinch puncture.

The bike was phenomenal, such a smooth well balanced suspension setup. Only things I'd say that'd better the bike is its brakes, and the tyres. Rear rotor is a bit small for heavy braking, even with brand new EBC reds in. Tyres, well, they are NOS but a bit firm by modern standards.

A few photos with a bit of Welsh mud back at home...

(Still looking for a 22mm rear Hayes calliper in black by the way)!

Attachments

• IMG_0870.jpg
    IMG_0870.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 1,430
  • IMG_0871.jpg
    IMG_0871.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 1,430
  • IMG_0872.jpg
    IMG_0872.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 1,430

backinthedaydh":31lfh644 said:
(Still looking for a 22mm rear Hayes calliper in black by the way)!
Still got me eye out for ya mate.

i really like the schwinn, i have the one with the black paint job, the troy lee one? but its a bit of a mish mash of parts and the paint is cack. love riding it tho. :)

Black Hayes calliper has been sourced and fitted thanks to amedias's help. Picture will follow.

Still rides just as great but the bike looks even better now...

Re: Late 90's DH bike collection 1998 STS-Lobo

I've decided to part with one of my STS Lobo's

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=289395

Any interested parties please PM me to discuss…

Theres a few changes going on in the collection so some priorities are being made...

Attachments

• IMG_2596.jpg
    IMG_2596.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 1,214
Re: Late 90's DH bike collection - GT STS Lobo DH's

And a little one of them together...

Attachments

• IMG_2600.jpg
    IMG_2600.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 1,083
Re: Late 90's DH bike collection - GT STS Lobo DH's

Your 2 lobos killed me... But please, find a saddle for the alloy !!

Re:

As one bike goes two more get finished/completed.

2001 GT DHi and Intense Tazer FS.

Not perfect but best I can do at the moment. The DHi ought to have the wheels rebuilt. The 321 rims aren't the nicest and I'd like to put some 521's on it with polished not black spokes, they're on there for the Hadley hubs mainly. I'd like to get some red pedals and change the saddle but not sure to what?

The Tazer will probably go single ring up front only with an MRP slalom chain device as it is simply too spinney when you get cranky. Its already a fast bike. The rims don't match but had these wheels knocking around to get it rideable. Need some new brake pads too...

Attachments

• IMG_3666.jpg
    IMG_3666.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 795
  • IMG_3620.jpg
    IMG_3620.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 795
Dorado sc on a tazer...nice.

I wanted one for my tazer, but people want silly money for them, and always from abroad with no buyer protection.....So I got its older sister...the millennium.

Read a few times the internals are the same, Do you know anything about that?

Hows it ride, other than *fast*? :p My first real bike was a Ballistic xocet which had 4" front and rear...But Im expecting a wild difference when I finally finish my tazer...I've rode an fsr ground control recently and compared to other FS bikes I've had, that felt slack and racey...I think the tazer is going to blow my mind when its done.

Back