• Halaburt's 1983 Steve Potts Brazed MTB

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • andreaviola M2 Team 1992

Votes: 18 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re:

Just cast my easy vote.

I was taken with the Rockhopper as that was a bike that we all could almost afford many moons ago and I like to see the simple bikes that would have been daily riders being looked after and cared for.

The tandem really drew me as well, how many of these would have been made and how many ware left now?

My vote was taken by the what I think is the only British built e-stay I have ever seen. The quality of the finish and the dedication, not to mention the epic write up stole it for me.

What did you vote for?

Re:

I'm amazed at how well I'm doing so far!
Never thought I'd stand a chance, but the rest of you are gonna be hard presses to catch up with me now!!! :LOL:

Re:

I'm a bit suprised how little the zaskars are getting, given their popularity on here. I'm not suprised the tandem or stratos are doing well, the Potts I just don't get personally and the I don't get why the m2 is doing so well compared to some of the others. But that's botm for you.

Re: Re:

matt24777":26tugshw said:
I'm a bit suprised how little the zaskars are getting, given their popularity on here. I'm not suprised the tandem or stratos are doing well, the Potts I just don't get personally and the I don't get why the m2 is doing so well compared to some of the others. But that's botm for you.

I don't think a Zaskar will win BotM any time soon. They are easy to find, cheap to buy and the majority of them take little effort to build (partly due to just how flexible a frame a Zaskar is - they can be built with virtually anything).

There are a lot more deserving bikes in this poll than my GT. I would like to see a "Zaskars only" poll though, purely because of the numbers of them on the forum. It would be nice to see a number of good examples all in one place :)

Barneyballbags":3c5s1pdo said:
I don't think a Zaskar will win BotM any time soon. They are easy to find, cheap to buy and the majority of them take little effort to build (partly due to just how flexible a frame a Zaskar is - they can be built with virtually anything).

There are a lot more deserving bikes in this poll than my GT. I would like to see a "Zaskars only" poll though, purely because of the numbers of them on the forum. It would be nice to see a number of good examples all in one place :)

I see your point, but that could be equally applied to most mainstream bikes, certainly Konas or Marins or Specialized. It seems that if it is something a bit unusual or a bit of exotica you stand a better chance, but I did start to think this month was going to be more interesting as most entries were more "mainstream" but the last couple of entries changed the playing field a bit.

Botm voting is always a bit weird, those I think will. Do well rarely do, the ones I don't get others do.... Just the way it goes...

Would be nice to see a brand specific or versus month again soon.

Re:

Its just a bit of fun. ;)

If I'm honest, my entry isn't even the bike I'd choose now. It's a replica of a bike I had BITD

I'm not at all surprised it's got zero votes for that very reason. It was built to scratch a very particular itch which I'm certain only I will ever 'get'. I don't expect any others to understand that.

I bet there's not many of us who would actually choose to build the bike they did over 20 years ago (with the 'upgrades' they chose) Fashions change and we tend to remember just the good bits when we reminisce.

Just for the record though, it's probably taken me just as long to find the parts for the build as it took some of the far more exotic entrants in the competition; and it's still not 100% there.

Good luck folks and have fun. There's some great bikes in this months line up, just as there always is.

The tandem got my vote. :cool:

cherrybomb":3do94z8r said:
I'm not at all surprised it's got zero votes for that very reason. It was built to scratch a very particular itch which I'm certain only I will ever 'get'. I don't expect any others to understand that.
Yours is the most aesthetically pleasing contender to my eye and would have got my vote if I wasn't voting tactically against a narcissist (not you).

Back