Bedgebury Forest 08 10 06 .

cchris2lou

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Hilts , Sylvain and I are meeting there on sunday at 10 am .
I think Sylvain is bringing along a few friends too .
You are all welcome to joins us .

Well Chris and I met yesterday morning in the bright Kent sunshine and had an enjoyable couple of hours down at Bedgebury.

It was an incident filled morning, Chris had to remove about half of his chain as it kept breaking and I managed to visit the bushes twice, second of which really hurt and put pay to our second lap (Sporting a fine gash on my knee as a result). However, the funniest moment came after the following discussion:

Chris – look at that puddle, looks pretty deep, think I’ll ride round it.
Me – Nah, I went through that a few weeks ago and it’s not as deep as it looks.
Chris – well, in that case I won’t stop you going through it..
Me – Ok, here goes .. Wwwahhhhhh f*ck that was deeper than it was last time !!!!

Result was that the ‘puddle’ was more like a small lake and I was absolutely soaked, only just managed not to go over the handlebars as it’s at the bottom of a steep old slope … still, it did shift most of the cr*p that had gathered on my bike over the previous hour.

We also did a bit of a deal on an old Frame of mine so it had all the components of a classic ‘Retrobike morning’..

the lake story was very funny indeed . :LOL:

I am still laughing when thinking about it . Hope your knee is better , it did not look too good .

The knees ok thanks, still a little sore but nothing serious.

I saw your post on single track about the stem and it jogged my memory, did you want the stem that came with the Stumpy ?? there's a pic of the complete bike in the gallery which should give you an idea of angle and length though I can measure tonight if you like ? If you want it its yours.

James

Dont worry , someone is sellling a Ringle on here , so i am going to go for that .
do you remeber setapost size , I measured it 26.8 , but did not think that Spercialized made 26.8 mm seat tube .

No idea on the seatpost i'm afraid mate, I have the one that came with the bike at home so I'll check if there's any indications on that..

Back