Dog the Bounty Hunter? Nope, Dog the Bike

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Feel a bit guilty posting this here as not exactly retro but cantis fitted so not totally out of keeping.

It's a Surly 1x1 that I picked up for almost nothing, finished the build yesterday in the rain and rode today on a flat route (not allowed 'real' exercise) on the way to get the paper this morning.

The paintwork was very tatty but the frame was sound and it's amazing what a bit of black spray paint and not worrying about drips will do - while I was at it I sprayed the seatpost too (as well as my foot).

The intention was to build a hooligan ss (overlooking the fact that I do absolutely no hooligan riding) and I'm sure I have a gold stem spacer to complete the (very, very poor man's, destitute really) rasta theme. Chain is made up of three separate ones although all the same guage.

May have to rethink the cantis (front a 986 courtesy of Kev, rear an On One retro style canti that the LBS described as "s**t" - I feel that I cannot despute their assessment) as even though set up by the LBS they feel like wood and have no stopping power - I found that pedalling and so engaging the very rough freewheel arrested my forward motion more noticably.

Still, a decent bike for the really muddy times, such as now when all it has done over the weekend is rain.

Attachments

• 1x1 4.JPG
    1x1 4.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 846
  • 1x1 3.JPG
    1x1 3.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 846
  • 1x1 2.JPG
    1x1 2.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 846
  • 1x1 1.JPG
    1x1 1.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 846
Thats badass. Retro for me steel frame, rigid , canti's.....

Hi,

That looks ace!

Had my 1x1 for about six years and love it to bits!

Cheers,al

Back