Somewhere Back in Time...

South Bound

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
So, went to see Maiden at Twickenham last night. Must be getting old. Great show, technically good, blah, but I still reckon the only way to see these bands is standing trying to get to the front, especially as they are doing a Classic tracks tour and we have heard/seen it all before loadsa times. Had decent seats, but atmosphere is always stilted and most of the people around me were not born when they had written 'The Trooper'. Think I shall stick to smaller venues in future where you can feel more involved and it does not feel like you are watching it on TV and people look at you a bit wierd for getting carried away!

Saying that, they still rocked, Avenged Sevenfold were pretty damn good I thought and all in all it was a good afternoon doing boy-stuff.

Still can't believe Maiden are only doing one show in the UK!

what was the sound like there?

saw Metallica at wembley stadium last year and the sound was pretty bad, huge delay to the other end of the stadium where we were sat, though it doesn't matter after a few beers,

open air gigs are better imo, plus the seated areas of stadium are full of families of teenagers, makes me laugh when little timmy is moshing and mummy is sat there completely stone faced,

Sound was not bad, Brucie dropped out a few times, but apart from 'Moonchild' (which was dire) the rest was pretty good.

Can't say I enjoyed being in the seats, I may be old, but wanted to thrash around the front, not sit uncomfortably in the stands.

There were fair few families there, but fair play to them, my folks would never have taken me!

Yeah UP THE IRONS!! :LOL:

Never thought they ever did moonchild that well live :D

Didnt it open with winston speach and aces high?

Showing my age here but saw Maiden in '79 when they were supporting Judas Priest! :twisted: I was very young... :roll:

Didnt it open with winston speach and aces high?

Yep, always a good one to get started. Personally I thought they were playing it to honour the 90th birthday celebrations of the RAF!

Amazing how many blokes have long hair - where do they all hide between concerts?

Back