NOT On the scrounge - *2017 UPDATE*

Re: On the scrounge - anything!

A chance to have a de-clutter for some postage how could I refuse, will sort out a box full for you ;) :D

Re: On the scrounge - anything!

If you give me your email address I'll send you a photo of everything I'd be happy to give you for free and you can pick what you want and I'll pack it up and courier it off to you. I apologise in advance for the condition (filthy not broken) of some of the parts.

Re: On the scrounge - *UPDATE*

Nearly a year on I was reminded by the generosity of the users of RetroBIKE in the UK and beyond.

I created this thread as financially this time last year we were up the Swanee, both of us had been made redundant and work was hard to come by. I made sure that I was open with what I intended to do with any offers of 'free' stuff and it worked. The mortgage was paid, other bills were paid and most importantly I found a job!

A year on, the missus' little shop is open and she has customers, it combines well with her part time job and there is scope for me to sell bicycles too come the summer.

So this is a big thank you to all that responded to the thread - I'm sorry if some were annoyed by anything that I'd done or intended to do, sometimes just building a bike up is therapy enough.

So, if there is anything I can do in return, drop me a line and I'll see what I have within reason of course - no spare Yeti or Fat Chance I'm afraid...

get a grip you big jessie and get your lardy arse out on one of them scaff tubed sit up and begs you insist on riding.

although it is good to hear life is only making you half as miserable as it usually does :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Charlieboy28":33z1paj3 said:
get a grip you big jessie and get your lardy arse out on one of them scaff tubed sit up and begs you insist on riding.

although it is good to hear life is only making you half as miserable as it usually does :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

yes, there is that too

lardy

scaffolding tubes

Check.

This serves to remind me that we were so very close to losing the lot and it is never more than a couple of mortgage payments for anyone up shit creek.

Luckily a good job appeared which opened the door to a better career which seems to see me in demand, something I am totally not used to. The more I do the more I am wanted by other companies.

Again thanks to all and its about time I returned the favour. Remembering the stress I was under and it came so close, so close to losing the house its time to pay it back.

I have quite a bit of stuff to sort through but if anyone is in genuine need?

Back