Monte Grappa saddles knitted.

kbmpi

Retro Guru
I was wondering whether there's anyone who's familiar with saddles like this:

http://aprod.hu/hirdetes/kerekpar-nyere ... 387e92f930

apparently knitted with and eagle, cromoly rails and has a nice shape too. Would not call it heavyweight either. And I know that this manufacturer has some low endish saddles for town bikes and hybrids, I have not heard of their products for roadies.

Anyone has any idea about the saddle or breeds similar to this? The reason I'm asking because it's not expensive at all, approx. 7.8 pounds, and the seller claims that he has several of them in stock now. (approx. 20-30 pcs)

Hello,

I had one of the old San Marco (I think) saddles with the Marco
Pantani pirate stitched on it.

It was hyped as a 'non-slip' saddle, presumably because all the stitching
also provides extra grip on the saddle surface.

The non-slip claim seemed like trying to solve a problem that doesn't
exist and/or isn't a real problem: I've never had a problem with my arse
slipping on a saddle and a bit of room to wriggle about can help with
comfort.

I didn't find the saddle very comfortable but I think that had to do with the shape. I eventually swapped for a Flite.

But 7 quid is dirt cheap and you should always try out different saddles if you can to see if they help with comfort so it couldn't hurt to try.

Thank you for the input!

certainly the price means that it's not a great risk to buy the saddle. Most likely it won't be too bad, as for shape it's quire similar to Turbomatics.

Montegrappa saddles are generally found on lower endish bikes with steel rails mostly. Not as well known as other manufacturers from italy, but still quite decent range is that what they can offer

:) Thanks again.

Back