Mercian King of Mercia - Retro Content!

Theoldfm":19mnm9ua said:
FINNEY1973":19mnm9ua said:
absolutely gorgeous - that's a credit to you, superb job. just needs the saddle to 'shine' up a bit, looks a bit dull compared to the rest of the bike. Love that frame colour, works a treat.

Thanks!

Yes, it does look pretty good now in the pictures, I have a different seat post to put on (still aero though - but it was free!) and am hoping to bag some record pedals tonight.... Watch this space...

Looks more than pretty good, it's extremely classy. Free aero seat posts - you have some generous friends! good look on the pedals - i'll keep my eyes peeled for someone on a top notch mercian on the streets of Notts :LOL:

Thanks so much for posting - I see myself in the pics and its great to see those old racing days - would love a copy of the pics if you would be OK to share - I Admin a page on Facebook '80's Cycling Remembered' (where Paul Barber posted the link to this post) - I'm sure many would love to see these pics! David

David_Standard":3tzv785x said:
Thanks so much for posting - I see myself in the pics and its great to see those old racing days - would love a copy of the pics if you would be OK to share - I Admin a page on Facebook '80's Cycling Remembered' (where Paul Barber posted the link to this post) - I'm sure many would love to see these pics! David

Hi David - yes I did see that picture with you in it where we are coming up the hill on Bath Street in Ilkeston!

I have quite a few pictures, all hard copy though so I will see what I can dig out.

Cheers

Andrew

Pedals finished with NOS end caps, new Turbo Saddle and new Super Record Brake Levers fitted.... I am spent up!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 1,196
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 1,194
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 1,194
Re:

Theoldfm":ovkija0s said:
FINNEY1973":ovkija0s said:
absolutely gorgeous - that's a credit to you, superb job. just needs the saddle to 'shine' up a bit, looks a bit dull compared to the rest of the bike. Love that frame colour, works a treat.

Thanks!

Yes, it does look pretty good now in the pictures, I have a different seat post to put on (still aero though - but it was free!) and am hoping to bag some record pedals tonight.... Watch this space...

Just come across your original post; as others have said, a great personal story, that really brings alive those schoolboy years of road racing and time-trialling. In my case the mid 70's. Now pushing my mid-50's, I'm looking for my own vintage Mercian, around 23" or so. So if you know of anyone who wants to sell theirs, put me in touch :)

All the very best to you.

Ray

Back