1992 Rocky Mountain Blizzard...

Re: Another Rocky Mountain Has Arrived.... Can you guess?

troje":d9mazgf7 said:
'92 Blizzard in option white? Nice!

Yup! You probably recognize it from the site... I bought it off of tedhodson (Thanks!!)

Here's his thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=288066

I'm going to be sandblasting it and re-painting it in the 1991 black/white colour scheme this spring... for now I'm slowly going to collect all the bits...

Very nice! The cable guide and the seatstay junction was a give away :) Remember I have an identical one that is probably my favourite rider. Last summer I rode it for a week in the south of England. Absolutely one of the most versatile bikes I have.

Any ideas on the build? Please keep those Struts, they are great! Are you going to do a repaint?

DSC_1115.JPG

P1010735.JPG

Yours is lookin good! I'm definatly keeping the Tange Struts

I'm going to sandblast it and re-paint it in the 1991 black / white colour scheme

Most likely the usual XT M735 group...

Usual Syncros black seat post and Syncros black noodle quill stem...

Not sure on the crank... either M735 or syncros revolution....

The black/white colour scheme must look great. Not too many of those here on the site. Doesn't that one come with the struts in white? So you're going for a classic build, I'm very much looking forward to that!

Yea! I think the 91 and 92 are the exact same frame, except the 91 came with powerlite and 92 came with struts...

I'll post some pics shortly =)

I think there are some subtile differences, such as the cable stop location at the steerer tube, the use of a bottom pull front mech and the steel cable guide for the front mech cable.

Looking forward to the pics! What's the frame number?

Ahh... ok, cool, good to know =)

Main thing for me is that separated section on the seat tube that I can plaint black (just like the 91')

I'll check the # when I take the pics =)

Black and white with either the 92 or 91 colour scheme would look great. Personally I like the 92 black top/white bottom better because it's a bit more unique...maybe with some blue decals like the 91?

Thanks! Still not sure on the decal colour choice =)

I was going through the stable and it's getting pretty full... With all my road bikes I'm running out of space...

And you know what they say... When you run out of bike hooks in the garage it's time to buy more bike hooks. =)

Back