MacRetro Mini Meet Carron Valley 1030am, Hit Trail 11am.

Cheers lads, if everybody is cool with sunday let me know and we can swap days- which would be cool :cool: . If it is a problem for anyone just keep it as is.

Kirroughtree would be great kaiser but I have been blackballed by the wife :cry: If I can work some magic then I will give you a shout but not very likley i'm afraid. Since you are local to me we could maybe do another trip south sometime, share the petrol money? Mind and give us a report on Kirroughtree looks like a cool trail.

"Try out the Trail centres at Grizedale not far from Ambleside or the new one at Whinlatter near Keswick."

Top tips velo, will report back on how I get on, and loving the build you are talking about, sort of retro bike "Challenge Anneka" styleee.

No problem buddy :)

Where are you going to in the lake district?

http://www.langdale.co.uk/

Not to far away from ambleside, ment to be some nice trails around that neck of the woods.

Will have to be up and out at 6am so that I don't neglect the kids and her indoors ;)

Attachments

• ss1.jpg
    ss1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,145
I can do Sunday nae bother but I'm not sure about Dave and Stewart, I'll check out them and get back to you.

Kaiser, I'd love to hit Kirroughtree but unfortunately not this Saturday as home life is very hectic at the moment. My ambition for this summer is to ride all the 7 Stanes plus Kielder, Grizedale and Whinlatter. That little lot should set off my M.E. big time. :roll:

Also I'm clean shaven at the moment so no facial hair to report on.

Cheers

I'm tempted to come along to this (either day) and bring my 10 year old son, we would only do one lap while you guys do 2 or 3.

How difficult is this route? I know it is a red but the climb doesn't look too bad and I'm guessing he could walk any scary bits on the way down.

I guess the main question is how busy does it get? He doesn't like holding people up.

it starts to get really busy around lunchtime but if we're aiming to be there and riding for 11 then you should be fine, there's plenty of room to stand to the side and let other riders by as well.

Doesn't get to busy early in the morning, the climbs are on a par with glentress but there is a good bit of fireroads and as you say he can walk up and down anything he feels uncomfortable about, suppose it all depends on how good he is offroad, the runway section is fun and very do-able if taken slowly- will he be on a grifter, or something else retro? :LOL: :LOL:

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestry/INFD-6P6HMZ

He'll be on a modern trek mt60, unless he fancies single speeding on his 1983 Raleigh Burner mk2.

Think the trek might be your best bet ;)

You will also need to practice your "reaching across, pushing the saddle and trying not to crash into eah other, technique".

Look forward to seeing you both on the Sunday- prob, maybe. :roll:

Back