95 Orange C16R (Finished!! 12/05/13)

secret_squirrel":18kflodw said:
Just followed this link from BOTM - lovely build. Nice to see another Sachs quartz build too - the Vit T is my sig has a Sachs quarz gear train - never found any Hubs unfortunately.
Nice Vit T. Certain bits of the Quarz group are rarer than hens teeth it seems (hubs and chainset in particular).

Slyvester":18kflodw said:
Thx a lot ;)
You're welcome.

groovyblueshed":18kflodw said:
Been following this too. Absolutely fantastic looking Orange. Love the colour scheme – lovely paint job. Careful use of the red bling works very nicely with the white gloss and the graphics. Good to see the Sachs components on it instead of the usual bits. Very classy by far – this should have gone in July's BoTM – gets my vote! Looks clean, uncluttered and fast – enjoy riding it!
Cheers, I did think about entering it last month but Nevadasmith's Orange Formula was always going to win that one. Wish i looked clean, uncluttered and fast to match the bike. :LOL:

DynaCol":2yeq5gyo said:
secret_squirrel":2yeq5gyo said:
Just followed this link from BOTM - lovely build. Nice to see another Sachs quartz build too - the Vit T is my sig has a Sachs quarz gear train - never found any Hubs unfortunately.
Nice Vit T. Certain bits of the Quarz group are rarer than hens teeth it seems (hubs and chainset in particular).

Slyvester":2yeq5gyo said:
Thx a lot ;)
You're welcome.

groovyblueshed":2yeq5gyo said:
Been following this too. Absolutely fantastic looking Orange. Love the colour scheme – lovely paint job. Careful use of the red bling works very nicely with the white gloss and the graphics. Good to see the Sachs components on it instead of the usual bits. Very classy by far – this should have gone in July's BoTM – gets my vote! Looks clean, uncluttered and fast – enjoy riding it!
Cheers, I did think about entering it last month but Nevadasmith's Orange Formula was always going to win that one. Wish i looked clean, uncluttered and fast to match the bike. :LOL:

Is that before or after the riding? :)

Btw, with your Zoom seat post, are the grooves still present on the half round clamp parts? Mine have worn so smooth that I have to clamp it beyond tight, so the seat doesn't flip over speed bumps. I'm working on ideas to solve this problem. Otherwise it's going to be a devil finding another 26.8mm post.

Also, is that a propeller nose cone type object propped up in your photos?

groovyblueshed":1tthw1ld said:
Is that before or after the riding? :)

Btw, with your Zoom seat post, are the grooves still present on the half round clamp parts? Mine have worn so smooth that I have to clamp it beyond tight, so the seat doesn't flip over speed bumps. I'm working on ideas to solve this problem. Otherwise it's going to be a devil finding another 26.8mm post.

Also, is that a propeller nose cone type object propped up in your photos?

The seatpost was actually made up from two different seatposts. I used the clamp bolt and clamps from a NOS one I got on eBay it was black and wanted the polished look of the one I fitted. Don't think the clamps were in bad nick on both really. Hunting for those rare parts is half the fun of this, i'm sure one will turn up sooner or later if you keep looking.
Yes, thats the propeller nose cone from my private plane I use to fly round the world hunting for retrobike parts :LOL: . Either that or its a plant pot that was fitted on the wall above, i'll let you decide which is true.

Your Zoom seat post looks in good well polished condition. The Zoom logo on my post has worn away, so now it's a highly polished no-logo component. The clamp parts have worn smooth over geological timescale like pebbles on a beach. Might machine some new parts or just machine some grooves into the old clamp parts. Could do quick fix by inserting something fine gauge and grippy.

There's a 3rd option for the conical objet d'art – the addition of some bar ends and you've got a marauding viking style helmet for off-road skirmishes :) .

Just had the pleasure of admiring this superb beautiful bike.
Lovely seeing a Sachs build for a change too.
Is this still being ridden ?

ibbz":3ieu80bg said:
Just had the pleasure of admiring this superb beautiful bike.
Lovely seeing a Sachs build for a change too.
Is this still being ridden ?
Ta very much, i'm afraid to say this one is yet to be ridden in anger :oops: . Work and too many other bikes have mean't it's maiden voyage has yet to happen but rest assured that will be rectified soon and i'll try to remember to update this thread with some pic's of it covered in mud :LOL: .

Oooh - just stumbled on your lovely build when searching for Red anodised Alto Pros. (if you check out my D.O.G.S. you'll understand why...)

Very Nice work!

Bollox64":253nrr9z said:
Oooh - just stumbled on your lovely build when searching for Red anodised Alto Pros. (if you check out my D.O.G.S. you'll understand why...)

Very Nice work!
Cheers, the barends (along with most of the bits from this build) are now on my Dave Yates. Nice work on the D.O.G.S :cool:

Revisiting And admiring this this as I work on my new Sachs equipped build
I’ve gone for Sachs New Success F and R with Power Grip extreme grips.
Wanted to know what clamp you used for the braze on - Sram front mech clamp! Thanks

ibbz":r9txcxbe said:
Revisiting And admiring this this as I work on my new Sachs equipped build
I’ve gone for Sachs New Success F and R with Power Grip extreme grips.
Wanted to know what clamp you used for the braze on - Sram front mech clamp! Thanks
It was a Sram clamp on this build but I picked up the proper Sachs clamp when I swapped all the kit on to my Dave Yates.

Back