Is the FIA biaised against McClaren?

Anthony":37tlduak said:
I wonder whether the contrast is just an issue of the basic level of patriotism in these countries.

like paying taxes in your home country should be,

i had a foreign mate at uni who raced in the one-make formulas and he was very rich, most of the other people he raced against were also very rich and just spending daddy's money, so winning in those formulas is ok i suppose but doesn't say much,

he also said Button and Coulthard are just in F1 to provide eye candy for the female viewers, shame, i think LH could well go down that road,

[/quote]
Most of the junior formulae in which Hamilton excelled before he got into F1 were one-make formulae. So his car was no better than anybody else's, but he won. Of course he was privileged to have a drive at all, but so was everybody else in the race. And once you start winning, it becomes easier to get sponsorship for the following season in a higher formula.

I wonder whether the contrast is just an issue of the basic level of patriotism in these countries.[/quote]

So...can you explain me why in the one-make formulas there are cars that go fasters that others?? for example top speed, speed inside the corners...

I'm spanish, but not patriotic, I just support the good sportmen. Like Kubica or Alonso. Gilles Villeneuve, AYRTON,Prost, Alesi, Mansell... But I can't understand how people compare LH and Alonso :shock:

ISo...can you explain me why in the one-make formulas there are cars that go fasters that others?? for example top speed, speed inside the corners...

[/quote]

The set up. front wings/rear wings. braking set up. Also one person will be able to take more risk than others.

Clearly the best teams in any one-make formula are better at the preparation of the car and the organisation of the team to win, so it's an advantage to be in one of the better teams. But equally the better teams maintain that status with their results, so they can't afford to mess around with anything other than the best drivers in their team. Money might buy you a number two spot, but there's no way a top team would take on anything other than a top driver as their number one. So winning a one-make championship starts the previous season by driving well enough to get the top team to want you in the next formula the following season. That's how people like Hamilton and Kubica get on.

I don't really understand this discussion. There are thousands of drivers in top-level motor sport the world over and the ones in F1 are the best. Why does anybody want to deny it? Just look at Bourdais - four consecutive titles in Indycar, yet completely overshadowed by Vettell when he gets into F1. That just demonstrates the difference in standards. Now go on, somebody tell me Vettell got the drive because of his looks!

no but Bourdais is paying a fair amount . ;)

only 3 or 4 teams pay their drivers , the rest pay .

I am not saying that you dont need talent , but to get a drive in F1 , if you are not extra talented , you need talent AND MONEY .

Anthony":3t8cnf1v said:
There are thousands of drivers in top-level motor sport the world over and the ones in F1 are the best. Why does anybody want to deny it?

I have just one thing to say about that........WRC. :cool:

This is a very boring thread by the way. :D

Back