Let's see some old school full-suspenion setups

Nice proflex!! £51 :shock: everything I find goes stupid :cry:

In '91 I test rode the 550 (I think), a blue swingarm steel version of yours retrobikeguy.
This was the first year for the full range, and decided it rode like a heavy, flexy, pile of poo. Being the only steel frame in the range, and decked with cheap components to meet a price point really made it suffer. Big difference to the ali ones. I went on to buy the Marin Pine mountain, which unfortunately has still been my worst bike to date :cry: I am not that fussy really!!

However I had two mates buy the 550 and they quite liked them. One an ex bmx racer, and he got some serious air, and it lived. Until the bb spindle bent :) serves him right for being so flash on the jumps ;)

Classic early full susser, bit ahead of its time really.

In '91 I test rode the 550 (I think), a blue swingarm steel version of yours

Used to have a 550, fitted maguras & white porcs, nice bike but heavy, would have prefered the top end steeley version (Silver/plum colour) decked out with some cool lightweight gear but I was only 16 and the 550 was all I could afford :(

Hey, anybody got pics of the 1991 proflex team bikes at all they were orange / silver (I think) they looked the same as the750/950 :?:

Alps4R.jpg

Recently retired. I think it's chewed up some internal seals. It works fine on the tandem but locks up on a solo machine. It's not leaking.

No-one will service it anymore :-(

Nick 32sixteen":3bd2dze6 said:
Alps4R.jpg

Recently retired. I think it's chewed up some internal seals. It works fine on the tandem but locks up on a solo machine. It's not leaking.

No-one will service it anymore :-(

That's a shame no one will do it anymore. Not even TfTuned? What a waste, no signs of wear on the shaft.

DeKerf AMP FS

Solid bikes, shame about the shock Risse (via CVI) tend to have hardware that keep these older machines going...have been looking into doing something similar for my long since wasted (more 'travel' sideways the vertical!) DeKerf FS (running an AMP B3 subframe) like most steel custom builders did in the mid 90s. It's just a frame now, maybe a future project, but with lovely detail including a stainless (or chrome plated?) gusset on the mainframe. Rode pretty well too, my only expereicne of FS, probably be ooutclassed by a softail these days :?:

Here's my old school boinger...

Not a single, but a tandem.

I'll post the full details in the rider's bikes section...

Attachments

• tandem1.JPG
    tandem1.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,842
and here's another from the shop...

1994 Grove Team Frame with first gen Titus rear end

This bike took first in the Mt. Snow Downhill finals that year...and later came back because of a fracture in the Aeromet 100 tubing (very strong/light but brittle)

check it...

Attachments

• 2team%20bike1.jpg
    2team%20bike1.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 1,831
  • 2aero-met%20link.jpg
    2aero-met%20link.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,831
Back