Tell him he's dreaming ...

Hilts

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Now, as most of you know I am a dedicated member of the KONA appreciation club, but this guy is having a laugh if he thinks anyone will £500 notes for this. It's exactly the same as the one i picked up for £200 off E-bay and in similar condition..

I doubt he's had many offers.. he's asking the RRP of the bike back in 99 and it ain't a classic !!

http://www.loot.com/advert/kona-lava-dome-/15142628

I hate it...

You can buy then new in the US for like $600! I see that kind of crap on craigslist all the time.

"Retro Fever" has gripped the MTB World.. If it's not from this century, they reckon it's "Retro", regardless of how sh*t it might be..

RST 381R suspension forks

Eesh :shock:

kingroon":2mb83gfy said:
"Retro Fever" has gripped the MTB World.. If it's not from this century, they reckon it's "Retro", regardless of how sh*t it might be..

Agreed. Was sat in the cafe out on a ride on the weekend, some chap rolled up on a mid 90s low end muddy fox. The lads I was out with are aware of my love of the old school. Is that retro they asked? Are you going to put it on retrobike?
To be fair it was retro - I'm of the mind that pretty much anything old can be classed as retro. I know it's not the dictionary definition of the word (for those readser from singletrackworld), but the English language has and always will be eveolving so deal with it. The bike itself was of some interest in the sense that is was pretty original and 'tricked out' with period zoom bits. Think I've lost my point a little here, anyhow, as kingroon points out a lot of people seem to think if somethings old / retro it must be of value or interest. Which quite often it isn't.

Back