Orange P7 project number 2!

Do think the classic Orange frames do actually look really good finished in a high quality white with the bold blocky graphics. Have seen a few examples now and I'm sorely tempted.

cheers guys, i'm sure it will ride fine as i have another one :facepalm: and i know i really like that so this should be no different, other than it has better brakes and one extra gear, this one is a 19" and is spot on for me, but i think i might like this slightly better as the front is slightly higher up (deliberately) and also has a carbon bar on it so will have a little more 'give' at the front end.

got a nicer USE post for it today so that will be going on, also the bolts i ordered for the bottle cage bolts turned up, only they were sunglasses :facepalm: ebay cock up, one email later and they said keep them and we'll send out the bolts tomorrow, bonus! :D

finished off the last couple of bits and gave it a testride, unfortunately it was literally round the block as i'm off to work for a nightshift soon, but it feels great, more so than my other P7 i think. maybe it's because i have the stem higher and also the carbon bar which is also slightly wider, a proper ride over the next week will tell

:D

P1120503 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

P1120504 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

took the bike out for its first proper ride today, was gonna take it out a while but picked the Fat instead!

anyway, good dryish ride, no rain, bit of sun, temperature was nice, bike felt spot on, slight tweak on the rear gears and that was it, felt nice, rode nice, good ride :D :D

only thing i might change is, i hadn't noticed that when i got these bargain cranks from Tad that they were 170mm, i always ride 175mm, while i can ride with them i do very much notice the difference so i think i'll keep an eye out for something similar but 175 but only as and when something turns up

anyway, have a sunny-ish bike pic from today in the new forest :D

Attachments

• p7 number 2.jpg
    p7 number 2.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 225
so thought i'd show a couple of ride pics on this thread, this is a great P7 i have to say, the spec has changed a little bit, with the exception of the hubs being LX the rest of the gears/brakes are now m737/9 XT so it's pretty much period correct. the carbon bar gives a certain amount of 'give' at the front end and along with the curved fork it feels nice to ride and handling is good, racey but not too racey.

:D

IMG_2010 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_2007 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_2006 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_2005 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_2004 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_2003 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_2001 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_1997 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_1996 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

Back