Sorry! Modern MOOTS alert.

Thanks SB. The riding is the most important thing to me though. If I didn't have a job that enabled me to pay for things like this I'd still be riding my old Claud Butler MTB and enjoying myself. This is just another facet of MTB'ing that I enjoy.

Personally I don't really give a rats ass what bikes people ride, whether it's SS, FS, DH, BMX, Rigid etc. It's just great to see folk riding whatever they've got and enjoying it.

:D

Fully recovered now :shock: ;)

Just given them the go ahead for the repair. They said they'd replace the decals FOC and look at cheaper shipping, so at least that's something.

Oh, and just noticed they haven't charged me for the Ti headtube, just the labour (Shhh, must remember not to mention it! :twisted: )

That is looking super sweet! I must say, having seen one of these in the flesh at a shop out here (it belonged to a customer, GOD KNOWS how much these things cost over here with the exchange rate) they are one of the nicest frames looking I have ever seen anywhere. An awesome bit of kit...

Thanks Geoff, they're very comfortable to ride as well. I have a geared Rigor that seldom gets used since getting into single speeds. Someone has expressed an interest in purchasing it but I think they're balking at how much these things cost.

Made a few wee changes to the Rigor, the priority one being the new saddle which I must say is loads comfier over longer distances than the Max Flite Transam gel that it's replaced, no more saddle sores! Got hold of a carbon Syncros post too. Changed the discs for floaters (don't ask why, they just look nice... :roll: ) and managed to get hold of a set of MOOTS titanium risers, they're a little twangy compared to the Easton Monkeylites but as I ride rigid I feel it's taken some of the trail buzz out...

Whatchathink you guys?

Attachments

• Moots ss (1) (Large).JPG
    Moots ss (1) (Large).JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 1,570
  • Moots ss (2) (Large).JPG
    Moots ss (2) (Large).JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 1,570
  • Moots ss (Large).JPG
    Moots ss (Large).JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 1,570
Lovely bike Steve, those Moots frames are superb.

Quick question, do you notice the difference in ride quality with the Carbon post?

I usually use Thomson ones and I know they are at the top end of the rigid scale, but never been keen on Carbon since I saw an Easton post snap with much jagged bits.
So would want to be sure its worth it before giving it too much thought

Cheers
Rich

Hey there Rich,

I was always a bit wary of carbon seat posts myself even though a roadie friend always scoffed at me for being a wuss over it (like road bikes take the same punishment eh?) anyway, after using the Easton carbon bars for a few years I thought I'd give their seatposts a go. Since then I've tried the Alien, the Sumo and now this Syncros, all with no incidents so far *touches wood*. I'm thinking that technology might have moved on since the days of the nasty accidents that we used to hear about (he said hopefully). I've got plenty of insertion in the seat tube.

As for the ride, well I can't say I've noticed any difference to tell the truth! :oops: I think it's supposed to be pretty stiff isn't it? I guess that's why they make the top cycling shoe soles out of carbon?

Steve

Just for you Cass I've nipped back to the garage for a coupla pics, sorry for the quality BTW - the camera's getting on a bit and it's getting dark.

Attachments

• Moots's (1) (Large).JPG
    Moots's (1) (Large).JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 1,550
  • Moots's (Large).JPG
    Moots's (Large).JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 1,550
Back